Author Topic: AUK membership renewal  (Read 1394 times)

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
AUK membership renewal
« on: 30 December, 2021, 05:20:28 pm »
Just a quick reminder that IF your AUK membership expires tomorrow AND you have a guaranteed LEL place* which you want to keep then you MUST renew by 23.59.59 on Dec 31st. 

If you don't have a guaranteed LEL place or you don't want to use it, then it's not so urgent as we won't add a late renewal fee until around the third week in Feb and your continuous membership won't be broken if you renew/rejoin before Jul 1st, but you will have to pay the non-member supplement on any events you enter whilst your membership is lapsed, so it still makes sense to do it soon.

* and your second quick reminder is that you can check the file on this page to see if your membership number is on the list.

Assasin

• It can only get better
Re: AUK membership renewal
« Reply #1 on: 17 January, 2022, 09:20:57 am »
I see that my membership started in 2020
It really started in 1981 but due to your system being down come renewal time I was unable to make a payment early in 2020. Might have been pandemic related. It wouldn't really matter but of course it means the member No 250 has had to enter the ballot for the LEL due to the non availability of the website. Fingers crossed

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #2 on: 17 January, 2022, 09:26:16 am »
It really started in 1981 but due to your system being down come renewal time I was unable to make a payment early in 2020. Might have been pandemic related. It wouldn't really matter but of course it means the member No 250 has had to enter the ballot for the LEL due to the non availability of the website. Fingers crossed

Danial has indicated that the event is only just oversubscribed so he's pretty confident EVERYONE will get in. Presumably due to Covid uncertainty and a slightly larger field being accepted.
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #3 on: 17 January, 2022, 11:32:16 am »
It really started in 1981 but due to your system being down come renewal time I was unable to make a payment early in 2020. Might have been pandemic related.
I am not aware of any significant outages of the membership system between Dec 2019 and Feb 2020.  There was plenty of renewal/new member activity during those months, something on every day I think. Of course there could have been some short periods when it was not available, but it would appear that trying again later would have worked OK.

Generally it is true to say that the pandemic didn't affect renewals at the end of 2019 and beginning of 2020 as we didn't really know it was coming, or, if we did, quite what effect it would have. However after March 2020 we definitely experienced a downturn in enrolments of new members and also delayed renewals of existing but lapsed members as we had no events running.

Assasin

• It can only get better
« Reply #4 on: 17 January, 2022, 08:33:08 pm »
From faded nemory I had a go at renewing  in Feb & March and succeed round about July time. Anyway that's history now. Better tell my stoker to get ready for a bit of a ride

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #5 on: 18 January, 2022, 01:55:31 pm »
I have a guaranteed LEL entry that I won't be taking up as 30th wedding anniversary is taking precedence. 
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 571 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)