Author Topic: ACME goes Dutch  (Read 84046 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: ACME goes Dutch
« Reply #550 on: 05 September, 2022, 07:51:47 am »
Sorry, not read anything here, but I have a lot of numbness since the grand so I may not be going. Will let you know in the next couple of days.

Sorry to hear this, I hope you can come.  Why not ditch the audax, fewer miles and a more relaxed experience.

« Reply #551 on: 05 September, 2022, 08:02:35 am »
I just put the gpx track for the audax online (or a zip-file containing various gpx tracks, to be precise). You can download it right at the bottom of this page: https://randonneurs.nl/brevet/valkenswaard-2022-200-2/

« Reply #552 on: 05 September, 2022, 12:25:12 pm »
I just put the gpx track for the audax online (or a zip-file containing various gpx tracks, to be precise). You can download it right at the bottom of this page: https://randonneurs.nl/brevet/valkenswaard-2022-200-2/

Excellent, thank you.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #553 on: 05 September, 2022, 08:29:14 pm »

Excellent, thank you.

Thinking about it, we should make slugbait an honorary ACME member for services to the club. How much are we charging for jersey's these days @Huggy if he wanted to demonstrate his allegiance?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #554 on: 05 September, 2022, 08:52:44 pm »
I just put the gpx track for the  :demon: online (or a zip-file containing various gpx tracks, to be precise). You can download it right at the bottom of this page: https://randonneurs.nl/brevet/valkenswaard-2022-200-2/

Excellent, thank you.

Thinking about it, we should make slugbait an honorary ACME member for services to the club. How much are we charging for jersey's these days @Huggy if he wanted to demonstrate his allegiance?

Am I right in thinking it’s illegal for me to smuggle pickled eggs into an EU country?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #555 on: 05 September, 2022, 08:57:39 pm »

Excellent, thank you.

ACME short sleeve jerseys are £45, but the real question is what size would be required and if there any stock. Bear in mind the sizing chart is for small Italian children so go 2 sizes up from usual.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #556 on: 05 September, 2022, 09:59:06 pm »
Sorry, not read anything here, but I have a lot of numbness since the grand so I may not be going. Will let you know in the next couple of days.

OK, just to update - due to the numbness (which seems to be improving already, so might not be an issue in a few days) I have decided to cancel to be on the safe side. Also there are some issues at home that it would be good for me to be around to help with, so this has cemented the decision for me, really.

Its a shame. I never get away cycling so I was really looking forward to this for the new terrain, cultural experience and being amongst the many of you that I regard as friends now. There would also have been the chance to make new friends, so I'm a bit gutted that I have to cancel.

The Grand was a grand event and a massive milestone for me, even though I DNF'd. I wasn't bothered by that (apart from missing some points for the club), as I managed to cover 1000 km, even having to go around the block 4 times when I got home to make up a missing 10 km after I diverted from the route for a quicker journey home.

I basically messed up with sleeping and also got my timings wrong, so missed the Pocklington control on the return. I ended up riding on very little sleep - I fell asleep on the bike at one point but thankfully didn't crash, also fell asleep trying to book a train home on the grass next to the River Trent.

Well, some more demons faced and difficult times worked through - that's Audax, I suppose - its character building stuff. I'll write a full account on the blog at some point and post a reminder if anybody wants to read it. It was a great experience and i have learned more about myself and how to manage ever longer distances, validated or not (in this case).

Big thanks to Tom for organising the event and being as considerate as ever with my DNF'ing as well as any other queries or concerns I might have.

I do have my hotel reservations up for grabs if anyone is interested but I do already have one interested party already, so they'll have 1st refusal. If you're interested then PM or email me through here, or WhastApp me if you can.

I'm hoping I'll recover soon and get to see you guys one Wednesday where we can catch up - do all have a wonderful time there and enjoy the cycling!

All the best,
Nick.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #557 on: 06 September, 2022, 06:01:40 am »
I is sad  :'(

« Reply #558 on: 06 September, 2022, 09:45:22 am »

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #559 on: 06 September, 2022, 09:58:32 am »
Me too, we were both looking forward to riding with you Nick. I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon.

« Reply #560 on: 06 September, 2022, 10:10:44 am »
Me too, we were both looking forward to riding with you Nick. I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon.

Ah, thanks - likewise, I was looking forward to riding with you guys, too! Its a shame but I'm sure we'll get together another time.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #561 on: 06 September, 2022, 10:18:07 am »

Ah, thanks - likewise, I was looking forward to riding with you guys, too! Its a shame but I'm sure we'll get together another time.

Regarding the aforementioned "another time", make sure you have blocked out Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th January... EPIPHANY

We have a lot of catching up to do!  :thumbsup:

felstedrider

« Reply #562 on: 06 September, 2022, 03:50:34 pm »

Regarding the aforementioned "another time", make sure you have blocked out Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th January... EPIPHANY

I thought you said in the Miscellany thread that it was the last weekend of Jan and, therefore, clashes with something far more important ?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #563 on: 06 September, 2022, 03:56:43 pm »

I thought you said in the Miscellany thread that it was the last weekend of Jan and, therefore, clashes with something far more important ?

No Epiphany really is, according to some traditions at least, the first weekend in January - we haven't made it up! 

felstedrider

« Reply #564 on: 06 September, 2022, 04:28:20 pm »

No Epiphany really is, according to some traditions at least, the first weekend in January - we haven't made it up!

Ah, indeed.   Just gone back and re-read the comments.   If it's any excuse I did do rather a long bike ride last week and I'm not terribly functional this week.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #565 on: 06 September, 2022, 04:57:02 pm »
No excuse required  :-*

What is required is your attendance, and this applies to everyone, at Epiphany  :thumbsup:  Everything was planned for this January until we cancelled it so we have an oven ready event for 2023 which I'll get onto in November-ish.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #566 on: 07 September, 2022, 09:33:22 pm »
we have an oven ready event for 2023

What could go wrong...😆
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #567 on: 11 September, 2022, 03:08:31 pm »
The ACME team crossed my path various times, photo's are already available at: https://eu.zonerama.com/ivomiesen/Album/8882619

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #568 on: 12 September, 2022, 08:08:27 pm »
I'm already wondering if I can get another tour in next week!
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #569 on: 30 September, 2022, 02:58:25 pm »
The ACME team crossed my path various times, photo's are already available at: https://eu.zonerama.com/ivomiesen/Album/8882619

Thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:

Does anybody know where the results from the BRM will be published? I checked the NL randonneurs site but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to see past results. I also checked an ACP website, but could only find rules relating to BRM events, no actual results.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #570 on: 30 September, 2022, 07:34:44 pm »

What is required is your attendance, and this applies to everyone, at Epiphany  :thumbsup:  Everything was planned for this January until we cancelled it so we have an oven ready event for 2023 which I'll get onto in November-ish.

And we'll have the ACME Awards then too? I need to get on with ordering the 2022 year bars ...

« Reply #571 on: 30 September, 2022, 09:12:26 pm »

Does anybody know where the results from the BRM will be published? I checked the NL randonneurs site but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to see past results. I also checked an ACP website, but could only find rules relating to BRM events, no actual results.

Try this...

https://randonneurs.nl/palmares/homologaties-2022/

Type. Valk in the search field  for Valkenswaard and you should find your entries
Regards,

Alan

« Reply #572 on: 01 October, 2022, 05:29:02 am »

Try this...

Type. Valk in the search field  for Valkenswaard and you should find your entries

Perfect, thank you

Oscar's dad

« Reply #573 on: 01 October, 2022, 07:58:47 am »

And we'll have the ACME Awards then too? I need to get on with ordering the 2022 year bars ...

Good idea!

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #574 on: 02 October, 2022, 09:05:40 am »

Try this...

Perfect, thank you
Yes, thanks Farf - that's nice to see.

[First NL audax: I think I'm now eligible for the ISR award - something to sort out in the long cold January nights, probably ..

Next year's challenge is to cash in the beer that slugbait promised me for finishing a 200 on a hire bike. Just need to sort out a routesheet holder.]
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles