Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by T42 on Today at 09:02:31 am »
I knew it was a thing, but yesterday was the first time I'd seen someone hoovering their Shit Lawn (plastic). Ghastly stuff.

Yesterday, being a Saturday, I saw not a few people down on their knees by the gutter, scraping out the crack between kerb and pavement with a miniature scraping implement. Because today, of course, is Sunday.

Alsace does retain a lot of Germanic habits. Or maybe just manic.  Having spent my formative years in French France, I couldn't be arsed.
Rides and Touring / Isle of Wight Randonee - 5th May 2024
« Last post by SpaceBadger on Today at 08:53:39 am »
I'm looking forward to this one in a week's time. I'm over for the day, via the Southampton ferry. Anyone else heading over? I've met very few YACFers over the years and it would be nice to say hello to a few more.
The Pub / Re: Confessions of a tool junkie
« Last post by T42 on Today at 08:25:30 am »
I changed my mind, I'm gonna get the Okatsune.
(This was after watching the video of the man pollarding a lime tree)

Send him over to do our willow.
150 / 88 with heart rate of 55 was this evenings BP reading  ???

Single readings are no good.

You need to:

- sit or lie down for five minutes before taking a reading.
- take three consecutive readings over a 10 minute period.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Gaston Lagaffe on Today at 08:10:58 am »
Wordle 1,044 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

#LeMOT 841 4/6

🟦🟧⬜⬜🟧
⬜🟧⬜🟧🟧
⬜🟧🟦🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧
#LeMotLeJeu

https://www.solitaire-play.com/lemot/
OT Gallery / Re: Readers' Instruments
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 07:51:48 am »
The shorter Gibson scale length makes A-shape barre chords a bit harder if you have fat fingers

If you can tell the difference at any given position on the fretboard, then you have an astonishingly sensitive touch! Even if you're barring at the 1st fret, meaning your fingers are squeezed up* at the 3rd fret, the difference between a 24.75" and a 25.5" guitar, centre fret to centre fret is less than 1mm! Having jumbo rather traditional frets will make a more noticable difference....

Nice rig though  :)

* No self respecting guitarist plays an A shape barre like that anyway, use the flat of you 3rd or preferably 4th finger  :P

I’m with Bobb on this. I switch between 24.2”, 24.75” and 25.25” scale lengths without noticing more or less of a stretch. I expect it’s more down to neck width or profile or, as Bobb said the frets.

As it’s new it’s going to feel different; play it like you stole it and in a week or two you’ll wonder why you thought it was so hard.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 07:14:24 am »
Hand In Glove - The Smiths
My gravel bike and bike packing set-up includes:

Apidura Racing top tube pack. I chose the Racing over the Expedition for the magnetic closure. It works well.
Apidura Expedition frame pack, handlebar pack and cargo cage pack (x2). Cargo cage packs attached to Tailfin cargo cages.

On the rear, I decided to avoid the huge seat pack and opted for an Ortlieb dry-bag (the one with the valve) strapped to the top of a Tubus Vega rack using Voile Rack Straps.
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 06:24:38 am »
I knew it was a thing, but yesterday was the first time I'd seen someone hoovering their Shit Lawn (plastic). Ghastly stuff.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 02:27:08 am »
Joy Division Oven Gloves ~ Half Man Half Biscuit

https://halfmanhalfbiscuit.uk/achtung-bono-2005/joy-division-oven-gloves/ refers
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10