Author Topic: PBP Registration website  (Read 87008 times)

Re: PBP Registration website
« Reply #550 on: 26 February, 2019, 09:54:04 pm »
Currently 9 spaces in the 90hr Velo Special start. I wonder if later weirdo entrants will default to the 84hr VS or normal 90hr start.

Did the French extend the VS numbers when they released the extra spaces a while back, or has the number remained the same from the beginning?

They added places, then took some away, then added some, the last addition was 10 places yesterday which took it back up 18, these have been slowly taken.

« Reply #551 on: 26 February, 2019, 10:06:05 pm »
In the French forum there has been some debate if the participants of the 'concours des machines' should start with the VS or in a regular start.

« Reply #552 on: 27 February, 2019, 09:48:33 am »
In the French forum there has been some debate if the participants of the 'concours des machines' should start with the VS or in a regular start.

They will have to allocate a lot more places if they do as the 90hr VS is down to 6 places.

« Reply #553 on: 27 February, 2019, 02:17:05 pm »
and back up to 16, not sue where the slots are being taken from, 80hr?

« Reply #554 on: 28 February, 2019, 01:07:43 pm »
Hi all. I've lurking for a while and new to all things audax related. There seems to be an outside chance of a PBP place if you haven't completed anything in 2018.. I am one of those chancers :) I guess what I'm asking for is what should I do, just train and complete the requirements in time for when registration opens? Got my first 200km booked in 2 weeks time.
I see the registration is open on the 25th May. Does anyone know the exact time registration opens? I'm away that weekend, (doing the dorset gravel dash) so will have to try and do it on a mobile phone. This is looking increasingly unlikely !

Thanks for the advice in this thread and any more you can offer.
Cheers, Rick

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #555 on: 28 February, 2019, 01:19:39 pm »
The pre-registration slots have all opened midnight Paris time. If it's the same this would be 11pm on 24th UK time
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

« Reply #556 on: 28 February, 2019, 01:29:20 pm »
The pre-registration slots have all opened midnight Paris time. If it's the same this would be 11pm on 24th UK time

Great, that makes things easier.
Thanks for the fast reply!

simonp

« Reply #557 on: 28 February, 2019, 01:32:43 pm »
Hi all. I've lurking for a while and new to all things audax related. There seems to be an outside chance of a PBP place if you haven't completed anything in 2018.. I am one of those chancers :) I guess what I'm asking for is what should I do, just train and complete the requirements in time for when registration opens? Got my first 200km booked in 2 weeks time.
I see the registration is open on the 25th May. Does anyone know the exact time registration opens? I'm away that weekend, (doing the dorset gravel dash) so will have to try and do it on a mobile phone. This is looking increasingly unlikely !

Thanks for the advice in this thread and any more you can offer.
Cheers, Rick

The best assumption is that it will be 11pm uk on the 24th as it will be 00:00 French time on the 25th. This has been the case in the past and for all the pre-reg slots so far this year.

You can plan for qualifying and ride the shorter qualifiers. The window for 400s closes a week later so you would need to ride your 200k and 300k qualifiers before getting your place. It will be clearer after 11th March when the 200k pre-registration window opens how many places are available but it could fill up any time between then and the 25th May so it might not be full when you ride the 200/300 qualifiers but be full by the 25th.

There may be further spaces made available later on as some pre-registrations will not be converted into full entries.

Good luck.

« Reply #558 on: 28 February, 2019, 02:17:03 pm »
seems to be an outside chance of a PBP place if you haven't completed anything in 2018.. I am one of those chancers :) I guess what I'm asking for is what should I do, just train and complete the requirements in time for when registration opens? Got my first 200km booked in 2 weeks time.
I see the registration is open on the 25th May. Does anyone know the exact time registration opens? I'm away that weekend, (doing the dorset gravel dash) so will have to try and do it on a mobile phone. This is looking increasingly unlikely!

The best assumption is that it will be 11pm uk on the 24th as it will be 00:00 French time on the 25th. This has been the case in the past and for all the pre-reg slots so far this year.

You can plan for qualifying and ride the shorter qualifiers. The window for 400s closes a week later so you would need to ride your 200k and 300k qualifiers before getting your place. It will be clearer after 11th March when the 200k pre-registration window opens how many places are available but it could fill up any time between then and the 25th May so it might not be full when you ride the 200/300 qualifiers but be full by the 25th.

There may be further spaces made available later on as some pre-registrations will not be converted into full entries.

Good luck.
I think it's unlikely that there will be any places available on 25 May: all the places will have gone to those 'pre-registering'. But further to "There may be further spaces made available later on", it's worth noting that those 'freed up' places will become available at 2300BST on 19 Jun. This is the key date for the 'chancer' diary, having already ridden 2,3 and 400 BRMs and with a 600 entered to be ridden that weekend.

« Reply #559 on: 05 March, 2019, 10:18:21 am »
Thanks for all the advice.

« Reply #560 on: 10 March, 2019, 11:11:12 am »
Just wondering: Did anyone get an 'inscription' email with revised start time after the opportunity to modify that popped up about a month ago? I moved from 19:00 to 18:15 (I think, from memory) and when I log in to the registration site, I see "Choose your departure time" and then a drop-down locked on 18:15. But I never received any confirmation email showing the change.

« Reply #561 on: 10 March, 2019, 02:47:52 pm »
I didn't receive one with updated departure time.

markldn

• Next ride: TCRno10 '24
« Reply #562 on: 10 March, 2019, 11:08:22 pm »

I'm in!!!!

20:45 start time.  Woo-hoo!!

Thank you all!  And thank you to the organisers for making space for us.

paul851

« Reply #563 on: 10 March, 2019, 11:12:36 pm »
Well that wasn't as fraught an experience as I thought it would be  :) Only later start times left in the 90 hour group so 20:45 will have to do .

Paul

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #564 on: 10 March, 2019, 11:12:55 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you at the start.

About 600 spots left, over half of them in the 84hr start.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #565 on: 10 March, 2019, 11:21:21 pm »
Also managed to sneak in. I was clicking at 2300 on the dot and there was one final 1800 place which I managed to grab. I think though that in the moment of perhaps not quite believing my luck I hesitated in then clicking the T&Cs button (amateur!) and it was just as quickly gone. So, 2045 for me too. At least I'll be there again. Cannae wait.
Your next 1200's your best 1200.

markldn

• Next ride: TCRno10 '24
« Reply #566 on: 10 March, 2019, 11:41:57 pm »
Think I was after that same 1800 spot!

Set of 2045 jerseys to be made?

« Reply #567 on: 10 March, 2019, 11:46:15 pm »
Also managed to sneak in. I was clicking at 2300 on the dot and there was one final 1800 place which I managed to grab. I think though that in the moment of perhaps not quite believing my luck I hesitated in then clicking the T&Cs button (amateur!) and it was just as quickly gone. So, 2045 for me too. At least I'll be there again. Cannae wait.

Hurrah!

I started at 9 in 2011, and it was a good ride. Bit different then, though.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #568 on: 11 March, 2019, 07:11:23 am »
Just over 400 places left, less than 20 in the 90hr start.

« Reply #569 on: 11 March, 2019, 08:07:02 am »
Just over 400 places left, less than 20 in the 90hr start.

Already down to 10
There might be a chance for those not having a pre-kwalification to secure an 84 hour spot in 2 weeks time, but that will be an extreme scramble for the remaining spots.

« Reply #570 on: 11 March, 2019, 09:08:54 am »
I also managed to sneak in for 20.45 I have a colleague who will have to see if he
can beat the rush if there are any remaining 84HR places when registration opens - a couple of questions
1/ I thought the earliest he could apply for registration is 25th May - a post above mentions in 2 weeks - appreciate to  know what date that refers to
2/ My understanding is when registration opens if my colleague gets a 84HR spot I could also change my start time from 90HR to 84HR if an 84HR time slot is available

Now onto prep for my 300k - The Iron Mointaon in Repulic of Ireland

« Reply #571 on: 11 March, 2019, 09:52:59 am »
I also managed to sneak in for 20.45 I have a colleague who will have to see if he
can beat the rush if there are any remaining 84HR places when registration opens - a couple of questions
1/ I thought the earliest he could apply for registration is 25th May - a post above mentions in 2 weeks - appreciate to  know what date that refers to
2/ My understanding is when registration opens if my colleague gets a 84HR spot I could also change my start time from 90HR to 84HR if an 84HR time slot is available

Now onto prep for my 300k - The Iron Mointaon in Repulic of Ireland

There is no formal option to change from 90 to 84 hour. But if there are 84 hour places available while the 90hr is jampacked, an email to the ACP migth get you the required change since it'll suit them as well.

About the date, you're correct, it was simply an extrapolation of the rhytm of the other dates. The PBP brochure states:

May 25, 2019:
Registration opens for all preregistered riders and, to the extent of available places, for non-preregistered FFCT members and International riders.

Which even more reduces the chance of any places available.

« Reply #572 on: 11 March, 2019, 10:26:31 am »
Yeah, I reckon there will still be a fair few places left in two Sundays' time, which is what I'd based my comment about people who've never ridden a bike before being able to get a place on.

But it only takes single digits of registrants per day to get that down to zero in the following two months.

(unless no one wants stinky 84 hour places)

If I look at my registration page all of the 90 hour slots are showing as full, so I'm guessing the remaining 7 are special needs?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #573 on: 11 March, 2019, 03:48:11 pm »
I'd guess so.

There are going to be quite a few 'natural 90hr' folk who'll need to lift their game for an 84hr start.

« Reply #574 on: 11 March, 2019, 10:45:45 pm »

Hurrah!

I started at 9 in 2011, and it was a good ride. Bit different then, though.

8)
Your next 1200's your best 1200.