Author Topic: The Big Charge for Village Green. (Chalkwall Park, Southend).  (Read 1375 times)

2_Flat_Erics

• 2 Flat Eric's
The Big Charge for Village Green. (Chalkwall Park, Southend).
« on: 23 September, 2010, 01:03:58 pm »
Just gut back from Chalkwall Park where they are preparing for Saturdays Village Green festival.

Cycle Southend have the Big Charge running and have already smashed the target of 5000 watt hours.

For those who do not know Village Green is a bit of a folk/eco/arts type festival thats happening this Saturday.

This year the main stage is going to be powered by batteries that have been charged by pedal power alone. The initial aim was to generate and store 5000 watt hours for the sound system and lighting etc but they are already up to 7700 watt hours and climbing. The bar has now been raised to reach 10'000 watt hours by friday night. With the extra power the batteries can now be used to power other parts of the festival as well as the main stage.

Anyone passing the park should pop in and do a bit of power pedalling. I think they are there until 8 tonight and from 8AM to 8PM tommorrow as well.

If the festival is half as good as it was last year then it should be a great event on Saturday.
Never argue with an idot....
They just bring you down to their level
then win on experience.

2 Flat Erics You Tube Channel

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
Re: The Big Charge for Village Green. (Chalkwall Park, Southend).
« Reply #1 on: 24 September, 2010, 10:07:14 pm »
My daughter went over this afternoon and did and hour.  :o

Got a stiffkit and everyfink!   :thumbsup:
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 24 September, 2010, 11:06:13 pm »
I may have misheard, but I think Mark Kermode is doing something similar at a film showing tonight. But in the New Forest?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

2_Flat_Erics

• 2 Flat Eric's
« Reply #3 on: 25 September, 2010, 08:59:49 am »
My daughter went over this afternoon and did and hour.  :o

Got a stiffkit and everyfink!   :thumbsup:

Hey not fare why didn't I get a stiffikit n stuff  :facepalm: lol...

Quite a lot of schools have been involved. When I went to do my session a class of kids were just finishing. The noise was deffening. The teachers were really egging them on to beat the last classs and all the kids screaming at each other to pedal faster. I bet they all got stuff as well  :facepalm:
Never argue with an idot....
They just bring you down to their level
then win on experience.

2 Flat Erics You Tube Channel