Author Topic: How do I identify a sr suntour raidon fork  (Read 1167 times)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
How do I identify a sr suntour raidon fork
« on: 26 December, 2023, 10:44:38 pm »
How do I identify a model of fork?

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
Re: How do I identify a sr suntour raidon fork
« Reply #1 on: 27 December, 2023, 07:40:36 am »
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #3 on: 31 December, 2023, 04:25:40 pm »
Put the serial number in to the page and there are 6 different forks with that serial number....is that normal?

« Reply #4 on: 31 December, 2023, 04:43:09 pm »
Have you tried, "Halt!  Who goes there?"?

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #5 on: 31 December, 2023, 05:29:11 pm »
Have you tried, "Halt!  Who goes there?"?

Am I missing some humour? Anyway how would that help?  If they answer friend or foe it still won't help me identify my fork.  Maybe I should ask can you if you have knowledge of taking suspension forks apart...

« Reply #6 on: 31 December, 2023, 06:50:29 pm »
You're probably not old enough, Gateau!  The training for sentries used to be, "Halt!  Who goes there?"  If "friend" was uttered  in response, then the sentry followed up with, "Advance, friend and be recognised".  This would identify your fork ok and prevent it being damaged by gunfire.  And, no, it would be no use asking me how to take a suspension fork to pieces - and in any case I'd first have to identify it ........

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #7 on: 31 December, 2023, 08:02:45 pm »
Put the serial number in to the page and there are 6 different forks with that serial number....is that normal?

Not that I've seen.  Do the photos shown of the various models help you eliminate 5 of them?
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #8 on: 01 January, 2024, 02:40:50 pm »
You're probably not old enough, Gateau!  The training for sentries used to be, "Halt!  Who goes there?"  If "friend" was uttered  in response, then the sentry followed up with, "Advance, friend and be recognised".  This would identify your fork ok and prevent it being damaged by gunfire.  And, no, it would be no use asking me how to take a suspension fork to pieces - and in any case I'd first have to identify it ........

Ah completely missed that, sorry.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #9 on: 01 January, 2024, 03:49:34 pm »

Not that I've seen.  Do the photos shown of the various models help you eliminate 5 of them?

Here is the list https://www.srsuntour.com/search/SN/?SerialNo=td01401071&submit= I have discounted the 26 as my forks are 29er, and I'm not sure if my forks have a tapered stem (is that the right word?).  The forks are fitted to an on one lurcher.

The fork legs are all white while mine are a matt/satin black while the headset where the stem and the legs are attached is black on mine.

The rebuild/service diagrams may or may not go to the same place as I haven't had time to look on a computer.

« Reply #10 on: 01 January, 2024, 04:30:10 pm »

That's ok, G!  Good luck in your quest.  I've got three bikes (in various stages of readiness) and none of them dates from after about '85.  I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon and get to grips with newer tech. myself as spares become more difficult to find, I think.  Happy New Year to you!

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #11 on: 01 January, 2024, 05:34:43 pm »

That's ok, G!  Good luck in your quest.  I've got three bikes (in various stages of readiness) and none of them dates from after about '85.  I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon and get to grips with newer tech. myself as spares become more difficult to find, I think.  Happy New Year to you!

I bought the soot bike and it is useless as a london bike as it can't really be locked anywhere.  The forks are very very bouncy so am trying to find out the pressure in the air leg, or is some sort of lock out (speed lock) is missing as well.

Should stick to my steel framed bikes...with steel forks.  Oh and everything after square taper bottom brackets is wrong ;)

« Reply #12 on: 01 January, 2024, 06:12:53 pm »
Agree about steel - and bottom brackets!  Why "improve" something that works so well?