Author Topic: Shottisham weekend - 11th/12th May 2019  (Read 1272 times)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Shottisham weekend - 11th/12th May 2019
« on: 06 April, 2019, 02:25:26 pm »
Arising out of the Mildenhall thread, I suggested this campsite as an alternative.

Being the altruistic individual that I am, I have decided to give it a trial run over the weekend of 11th/12th May. I may well book 3 nights (Fri-Sat-Sun) for myself as the Sodding Trains never seem to work between Southend and the Rest of the World at weekends - at at least, the Southend Vic-Lpoo St line doesn't and that's the one that links to the Ipswich & Norwich routes. It would appear that trains from London to Ipswich will be running perfectly satisfactorily, according the information currently available.

It's £10 for a small tent of up to 2 people arriving by bike and there's a minimum of 2 nights' booking. The guy I spoke to was quite happy for us to cram small tents onto a single pitch (he reckoned a pitch would take up to 5 small tents). It's more for people arriving by car.

If anyone would like to join me, company would be very welcome. Day rides for Saturday and Sunday can easily be arranged. It's pretty decent countryside round there. I would think that sea swimming at Shingle Street in May would be thermally challenging, to say the least.

I looked at the possibility of booking the previous (Bank Hol) weekend, but their website says they are fully booked.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Shottisham weekend - 11th/12th May 2019
« Reply #1 on: 06 April, 2019, 02:27:44 pm »
I have a prior camping engagement with the Usual Suspects, but await your report with interest...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2 on: 06 April, 2019, 02:28:23 pm »
According to the Google map on the website, they're in France!  ;D :facepalm:
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #3 on: 07 April, 2019, 11:35:19 am »
Sadly I'm taking Mum & Sis to London on that weekend.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #4 on: 06 May, 2019, 02:44:35 pm »
It seems I might not be available for this after all. I have a hospital appointment on Friday which will impinge. Has anyone else made any commitments?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #5 on: 07 May, 2019, 11:30:00 am »
Waiting on contractors for various bits at home so couldn't commit.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain