Author Topic: John Weller and Geoff Sharpe (Big Saxon)  (Read 5458 times)

Re: John Weller and Geoff Sharpe (Big Saxon)
« Reply #25 on: 14 November, 2016, 10:29:12 pm »
John's shoulder still hurts, and reckons it'll be a few more weeks before he's back on a bike.
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

« Reply #26 on: 15 November, 2016, 09:40:52 pm »
Thanks Bikey

I am taking inspiration from you and bouncing back.

My cardiac rehab nurse says I can ride again now, I have done 30 minutes on an exercise bike so 20 minutes on a flattish course will do to start.

The plan is to be up to an ACME winter 100 in three months, taking it steady though.

« Reply #27 on: 16 November, 2016, 03:42:03 pm »
Don't go losing too much weight BS, otherwise you'll lose your lanterne rouge place!
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #28 on: 16 November, 2016, 07:26:28 pm »
Thank you for your kind wishes.

The Big Saxon is home and well, no damage was done to the heart and I had been riding with one artery, so they expect me to be back to normal in a few months. As I have to change diet I will be the not so Big Saxon, and maybe a bit quicker.

I had the pains five weeks ago during an event which went up the mighty North Hill, felt lousy at the end and got checked out by St Johns at the finish, they said I was ok. Got a cold the next day and thought it was the start of a virus, just as well I dropped down to the Cambridge 100 and missed the other two 200s, I knew something was not right.

Anyway, plenty to look forward to next year and hope to catch up with you all before too long

Geoff

S**T Sorry Big Saxon!  When you told me you'd had a heart attack I thought was an historical incident.  You look after yourself mate!

All the best for both of your speedy recovers
Jonah

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #29 on: 17 November, 2016, 01:26:52 pm »
I had a stent fitted i 2014 and think I was lucky not to have a heart attack. For me this has really worked and am now if not back to my best feel quite close.

Good luck and I hope you get a good experience with your stent.

BB
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.