Author Topic: [LEL17] LEL lost and found  (Read 13493 times)

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
[LEL17] LEL lost and found
« on: 05 August, 2017, 12:20:42 pm »
LOST Anyone want to admit to helping themselves to my ACME cap while it dried out at Barnard Castle?
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: LEL lost and found
« Reply #1 on: 05 August, 2017, 12:49:05 pm »
LOST My Shimano RT82 shoes from Loughton, size 45 black with yellow details but replacement red buckles, scraped up mostly on the right shoe.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2 on: 05 August, 2017, 02:33:25 pm »
Anyone want to admit to helping themselves to my ACME cap while it dried out at Barnard Castle?

I did see one hanging on the railings outside the front door but it wasn't in with the lost property I brought down on Thursday.  Suspect it either got binned or succumbed to the rural idyll and is now living on a smallholding in the upper reaches of Teesdale.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #3 on: 05 August, 2017, 02:35:15 pm »
FOUND In the lost and found boxes at Loughton ,there was a small mouth organ. Just what you need on a 1400 k audax.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #4 on: 05 August, 2017, 02:36:53 pm »
I was showing people that...

The Movers

• We just work here
« Reply #5 on: 05 August, 2017, 02:38:47 pm »
Could folk prefix entries here with LOST/FOUND/MISSING please?

« Reply #6 on: 05 August, 2017, 03:48:57 pm »
LOSTpair of sunglasses white frame/orange lens @ Eskdalemuir control
#makewattsnotwar

« Reply #7 on: 05 August, 2017, 08:30:45 pm »
Pip: Sorry but I didn't see your sunglasses when Eskdalemuir closed down. But that doesn't mean they won't turn up at Loughton anyway!

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #8 on: 05 August, 2017, 11:39:45 pm »
Could folk prefix entries here with LOST/FOUND/MISSING please?

LOST/FOUND/MISSING OK

« Reply #9 on: 06 August, 2017, 09:06:39 am »
MISSING: GPS, charging cable and phone charger. They were in a small white plastic bag marked with  'EDWIN'. They belong to a volunteer at Thirsk and got put in lost property by mistake (we were all knackered at clean up). It has sentimental value so would love to return it if possible.

« Reply #10 on: 06 August, 2017, 10:07:26 am »
LOST Showers Pass black waterproof cycling cap, missing when I returned to my bike at the Barnard Castle control.

« Reply #11 on: 06 August, 2017, 10:31:41 am »
LOST: Over 40 hours of sleep. Also a significant proportion of mental reasoning ability. If found please return.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #12 on: 06 August, 2017, 12:46:07 pm »
MISSING: GPS, charging cable and phone charger. They were in a small white plastic bag marked with  'EDWIN'. They belong to a volunteer at Thirsk and got put in lost property by mistake (we were all knackered at clean up). It has sentimental value so would love to return it if possible.

I think I remember a rider handing something into loughton marked edwin.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #13 on: 06 August, 2017, 01:39:14 pm »
LOST:  Etxeondo Kapelu Windstopper Cap, black and white coloured.  Either left it at Alston control or (more likely) it fell out of my pocket on the road to Brampton

LOST: White Giro helmet, left at Thirsk control after I packed on the way back.  I've left a couple of msgs with people that were working there so we'll see if I see it again

FOUND: on Yad Moss, bag of bananas.  Ate one, pocketed one and left the rest

FOUND: on Yad Moss, new and unused Peanut Butter Kit Kat in the middle of the road.  Ate it

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #14 on: 06 August, 2017, 01:41:31 pm »
FOUND:

What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #15 on: 06 August, 2017, 01:46:07 pm »
FOUND In the lost and found boxes at Loughton ,there was a small mouth organ. Just what you need on a 1400 k audax.

That was discovered on an airbed in the sports hall at Thirsk. So many questions.....

« Reply #16 on: 06 August, 2017, 01:48:04 pm »

I think I remember a rider handing something into loughton marked edwin.

Ooh that sounds promising. I may try Danial again once he's had some sleep. When I spoke to him earlier today he didn't think he had any GPS's left. However it may have gone AWOL in the mean time. Thanks for the info.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #17 on: 06 August, 2017, 02:08:32 pm »

That was discovered on an airbed in the sports hall at Thirsk. So many questions.....

In any war movie worth its salt, there's always a squaddie playing a plangent tune on a harmonica while his comrades reminisce about their wives and kiddiewinks or The Girl They Left Behind.  Then they go over the top (of Yad Moss) and are all killed utterly to DETH.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #18 on: 07 August, 2017, 01:02:33 pm »
LOST..
Downhill section.. new gravel on road... on divertion.. second to last control.. went into hedge.. grass verge & white stones..
SWAT box. (ToolBox). for Specialized Roubaix.. Name on side.

« Reply #19 on: 07 August, 2017, 03:52:45 pm »
LOST - White cotton Campag cap with rainbow bands front to back (somewhere between Louth & Loughton)
Has replacement slightly heavier duty peak stiffener - made from a pale blue plastic which can be seen when item is damp.

Took me ages to dismantle and extract the original broken stifener and sew in a new one, so I'd quite like it back if it should turn up anywhere.

« Reply #20 on: 07 August, 2017, 09:49:49 pm »
FOUND: pair of black-with-orange-bits Endurance Baa Baa Merino socks which have been chucked into my Edinburgh bag drop.

Further investigation delayed until post-wash.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #21 on: 07 August, 2017, 11:05:31 pm »
LOST: Gold bullion.  If found, please return to Bunbury Towers, York.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #22 on: 09 August, 2017, 11:03:23 pm »
LOST:  Etxeondo Kapelu Windstopper Cap, black and white coloured.  Either left it at Alston control or (more likely) it fell out of my pocket on the road to Brampton

LOST: White Giro helmet, left at Thirsk control after I packed on the way back.  I've left a couple of msgs with people that were working there so we'll see if I see it again

FOUND: on Yad Moss, bag of bananas.  Ate one, pocketed one and left the rest

FOUND: on Yad Moss, new and unused Peanut Butter Kit Kat in the middle of the road.  Ate it

Ah that was you, nice to meet you.

« Reply #23 on: 10 August, 2017, 12:28:48 pm »
Found: Snugpak sleeping bag.

Ooops... finally got around to emptying my bags and putting things away. Putting my sleeping bag back into its stuff-sac and discovered I also have its identical twin already in a stuff-sac. So strongly suspect one of my fellow Great Easton volunteers is missing theirs. Have emailed Pat (our control controller) in case they reported it to him but in case you also lurk here, pm me and we'll arrange to get it back to you.   

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #24 on: 10 August, 2017, 04:11:05 pm »
]Took me ages to dismantle and extract the original broken stiffener and sew in a new one
So I'm not the only one who does this sort of thing! I have a very nice Auk cap acquired from El Supremo and the peak stiffener is in four bits. I'm looking for the ideal piece of foam to put in there.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.