Author Topic: Cycling daddy told me to come here  (Read 2398 times)

Cycling daddy told me to come here
« on: 03 March, 2016, 02:24:55 pm »
As detailed elsewhere, currently in plaster cast and hoping to stoke a tandem 'bent for a march 200 if poss with teethgrinder.  Or anyone who could cope with a not overly strong small person on the back.

Does anyone know of any it would be possible to loan. Midlands based would be good but can travel (hopefully)
Does not play well with others

Re: Cycling daddy told me to come here
« Reply #1 on: 04 March, 2016, 02:42:57 am »
Look up Charlotte's Tandems.

Charlotte's Tandems is a unique cycling charity that lends tandems and tag-along bikes for FREE to anyone with a disability or additional need, so that they can ride wherever, whenever and with whoever they like.

Thats the only one I can think of.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2 on: 04 March, 2016, 04:44:17 am »
Westcountry Recumbents web site says they have a Greenspeed GTT tandem trike as a demonstrator and (despite the name) are based in Derby.  Might be worth giving them a call or e-mail.

Edit: Or ask on the BHPC forum: http://forum.bhpc.org.uk/forums.html
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #3 on: 04 March, 2016, 10:37:39 am »
I have a 2 wheel tandem recumbent but you'd need a fairly confident pilot to use it.
I would but don't think I'd be able to ride that far on it as I've done bugger all cycling this year.
You are welcome to borrow it if someone can ride it though.

Rich

« Reply #4 on: 14 March, 2016, 07:09:04 pm »
Thanks folks  :thumbsup:

Plans may have changed a little and I am strongly considering a solo tadpole trike as I think I will be able to handle it pretty well now.

Look up Charlotte's Tandems.

Charlotte's Tandems is a unique cycling charity that lends tandems and tag-along bikes for FREE to anyone with a disability or additional need, so that they can ride wherever, whenever and with whoever they like.

Thats the only one I can think of.

Hi Tigerbiten,

Apologies, I should have replied to this sooner.  I wouldn't use Charlotte's Tandems, even if they agreed to lend one, as I would strongly feel their resources are best focused for those with long term disability, however, thanks for the suggestion  :thumbsup:
Does not play well with others

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #5 on: 16 March, 2016, 09:15:43 am »
I have a 2 wheel tandem recumbent but you'd need a fairly confident pilot to use it.
I would but don't think I'd be able to ride that far on it as I've done bugger all cycling this year.
You are welcome to borrow it if someone can ride it though.

Rich
Do you have a picture of this machine - sounds amazing - would love to see it in action.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #6 on: 16 March, 2016, 11:00:59 am »
Do you have a picture of this machine - sounds amazing - would love to see it in action.

It's an Optima Duet, There's a couple of pictures on this thread https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=80534.msg1710029#msg1710029

Rich