Author Topic: Do LD600s and LD610s use the same mount?  (Read 1312 times)

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
Do LD600s and LD610s use the same mount?
« on: 02 September, 2014, 05:40:07 pm »
I'm finding it's barely light when I head into work  :'( so need to get my lighting rig sorted.

My rack has a couple of nicely bodged mounts for Ye Olde Cat Eye LD600s and I was just going to buy a couple of these. But I notice that these seem to have been replaced by LD610s. So will these fit?

Or should I be looking at something even newer and brighter? I have a dark rural road on my commute and am v paranoid. I'm imagining a whole barrage of LD600s or 610s or something.

I'll start a new thread on front lights as I've also discovered that my very early model Enduro (?) super LED front light seems to be dead (or, the battery is). 10 years in a cupboard is obviously bad for them.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Re: Do LD600s and LD610s use the same mount?
« Reply #1 on: 02 September, 2014, 06:11:05 pm »
They should use the same square fitting. The Planet X Phaart knock offs of the 610s also use that sort of bracket and are pretty bright too - http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIPHRMRL/phaart-red-mist-5-led-rear-light

I ride dark rural roads (with an LD-600 or the Phaarts listed above). They're perfectly bright enough. If anything you need less powerful rear lights out in the darkness than under lights IMHO. I'd always suggest having at least two rear lights on the bike to cover for one dying while you are riding along. A fixed and a flashing light can be a good idea.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
« Reply #2 on: 02 September, 2014, 06:41:39 pm »
Thanks. Those Phaarts are £1.99 apiece at the moment - cf £19.99 for 610s from Wiggle[1].

I might buy 4. That should do the job. And I'll cast around for a front light as well.

[1] Is it just me or has wiggle gone down hill since I practically had a subscription to it back in the day?

« Reply #3 on: 03 September, 2014, 12:57:08 pm »
A lot of Cateye lights use the same mount. It's quite handy. And because it's so common, it makes sense for a small new entrant to copy it.

+1 to what Mcshroom said.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 03 September, 2014, 01:19:47 pm »
[1] Is it just me or has wiggle gone down hill since I practically had a subscription to it back in the day?

Nope, it's shite.

The filtering doesn't work properly (on Chrome, anyway) and it's really hard to find anything.  I've gone over to Chain Reaction or Evans online for most of my needs (random parts, tubes and whatever...)
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk