Author Topic: Thule roof bike carrier  (Read 886 times)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
Thule roof bike carrier
« on: 01 September, 2014, 03:36:44 pm »
Thule roof  bars, two Thule bike carrying racks, one Halfords bike carrying rack.  Fittings for year 2000 VW Golf.  Kits to fitting to other cars are available.  I'm pretty sure it is a Thule 750 series.  You can google to see how much / where to get a kit for your car

The Thule roof carrier clamps are lockable but I never used this feature and I haven't seen the keys for years.  You will have to add some toe clip straps or use a few bungy straps to ensure firm attachment

The Halfords bike rack ( on the pictures the one with the red plastic on it ) is a cheaper item but works fine

There is a bit of rust on some parts but it is sound
Last used two years ago to transport 3 bikes from Devon to Norfolk, reason for sale: I've bought a Berlingo and can carry bikes inside it now

If you have roof bars and want an extra carrier or two might well be worth your while

Price: one bottle of nice red wine, buyer must collect.  WoC (wine on collection)  I live on the Devon-Somerset border near M5 junction 27

I probably won't put this on the 'bay, it will go straight to the dump if noone is interested

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Thule roof bike carrier
« Reply #1 on: 01 September, 2014, 08:22:00 pm »
Love it but I'm just a couple of hundred miles too far away . . .

VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #2 on: 02 September, 2014, 02:46:36 pm »
Also love it but not making a trip to Exeter for a few weeks... you'll want it out of your way.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #3 on: 02 September, 2014, 03:08:34 pm »
I suppose a courier's out of the question . . . ?
VELOMANCER

« Reply #4 on: 02 September, 2014, 03:37:40 pm »
Wife keeps feeding growing kids so I have been bleating on about sorting set of these for bigger bikes for a while & not done anything yet...
We are in Glos'shire with a reasonable choice of red or white to hand.  Only restriction is unlikely to be able to make the run down until weekend of 13th/14th.

How does that sound? (or can others offer better?)

<edit> Sorry TonyH - I kind of read your last words (you'll want it out of your way) as an "oh well, never mind" kind of thing.  Certainly if vorsprung is happy to wait & is working on a FCFserved basis then no problem from me.

« Reply #5 on: 02 September, 2014, 04:11:25 pm »
<moves to back of queue>

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #6 on: 03 September, 2014, 03:27:49 pm »
ok if everyone is happy with this, mrodders has first dibs (on the 13/14), tonyh second

mrodders, YHPM

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #7 on: 03 September, 2014, 08:52:02 pm »
No arguments here.
VELOMANCER

« Reply #8 on: 04 September, 2014, 04:40:49 am »