Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 147606 times)

agagisgroovy

• Formely yellow-ceitidh
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #225 on: 04 February, 2013, 07:30:43 pm »
I keep having dreams which involve my room.
Like last night, a surfboard blowing in through the window - I was quite disappointed to find there wasn't one sitting there in the morning though  :'(.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #226 on: 04 February, 2013, 07:33:06 pm »
A Superbowl / On-Call dream:  The lights have gone out and I'm down in the underlevels of the Superbowl with angry officialls yelling at me to get the power back on.  "I can't!" I shout back, "I'm IT! You need to find Steve from Estates!"

It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #227 on: 04 February, 2013, 08:15:33 pm »
David says he dreamt his iPad caught on fire after he cooked an egg on it...
But was the Hendon?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #228 on: 04 February, 2013, 10:05:54 pm »
i was riding down a loverly country lane on a 2 wheel recumbent trike .at the bottom of a long decent the road started to climb but turned into a track . i though that a my legs would not be strong enough to get me up the hill and b i would lose control and fall off on the loose surface . of course i climbed it with no problem. the most odd thing was i was riding along in my sleeping bag  ::-) :)
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #229 on: 04 February, 2013, 10:10:19 pm »
Umm, a two wheel trike? Howzat work then?!
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #230 on: 04 February, 2013, 10:17:05 pm »
You've evidently not ridden with cycleman...   :D

« Reply #231 on: 05 February, 2013, 09:12:14 am »
it's a balance thing  ;D. disregard the trike bit  :-[  :)
the slower you go the more you see

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #232 on: 05 February, 2013, 11:06:41 am »
I had a dream the other day where I was trying to work out how to store all the details of an upcoming cub scout camp (non-day job) into an EDI message (day job).
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #233 on: 07 February, 2013, 06:36:57 am »
Two very weird dreams last night.

In the first I was on holiday in Cornwall I think, with Richard Hammond, I took the opportunity to tell Jeremy Clarkson what I thought of him (as we met him at the top of a hill) and then spend a considerable amount of time smooching Mr Hammond's wife, who, on googling, looks nothing like herself.

And the second. I was, along with many others, trapped in a gigantic food processing plant/supermarket/warehouse. Initially in sector A we were being herded towards some doors which I felt wise to avoid. Some manic dodging of band saws and grinders later (thought I'd be joining some horses as burger meat) I escaped sector A and worked my way all the way down to sector Z.

Still unable to find an exit it ultimately turned out that the entire building, along with the pocket universe it resided in, was a construct. Created, by accident, by a little old lady (who was working as a cleaner in Z) as a result of her distress at her husband passing away. Bit of a sad ending to what, until then, had been a frenetic fight for survival.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #234 on: 07 February, 2013, 03:00:54 pm »
I had this dream the night before Keith Richards' birthday on 18th December. I was out walking along a city pavement, with my hands deep in huge pockets, looking down at my feet, confused by unrecognisable paint stained baggy trousers and badly scuffed leather slippers. When along came Keith Richards who said “hi Paul”. So I said “oh, hi Keith”. He put his arm around my shoulder, so I an arm around the small of his back. We carried on ambling. Nothing else was said until I noticed Keith looking down at my slippers, I sensed he also wondered what this was about. I offered my apologies and explained I didn’t know who’s slippers they were nor who the trousers belonged to. Without any answers, we continued walking embraced in silence.

After a timeless long while a huge Victorian pavilion not unlike laughable Brighton appeared, one long side of which sported a series of tall narrow etched glass doors with panelled wooden bottoms. Keith said “do you fancy a swift half Paul?” I replied “yeah, why not?” Finally a way in was found through two doors wide open at the very far end. We shuffled, arms still entwined into a huge ballroom with chandeliers and an intercontinental ocean of blonde maple flooring.

Immediately before us half a dozen or so circular linen clad dining tables occupied a few depressed diners all eating huge steaming plates of boiled potatoes, smelling of school canteens. A flurry of waiters straight from La Coupole clad in ankle length white waist tied aprons and white gloves waltzed stupidly around with silver platters at shoulder height, balanced on their ridiculous fingertips, just showing off.

Keith and I slowly surveyed the rest of the empty cavernous dancehall until we espied the bar at least a quarter of a mile away, running the entire width of a football pitch. We cocked our chins up slightly in respect, or fuckitness for the grandeur of the place and slid across the sprung floor hoping to make the bar before nightfall. As the vast ornate counter approached with its highly polished foot rail, it started growing in height, at least a dozen women bartenders clad in crisp white blouses buttoned to the neck and tight maroon waistcoats slowly disappearing behind the towering edifice.

By the time I said to Keith, “my shout” we were only half way up to the height of the counter. The endless row of hand pulled beer pumps we longed for on our journey were invisible now. Up until then, there were no other people at the bar. Whilst trying think what to order 5 or 6 blokes arrived jostling around us and the concentrated silence was shattered by macho pub banter and the worship of Keith. I tried shouting to one of the unseen barmaids -  one leant over trying to find who was yelling at her. I raised my voice to a scream. She couldn’t hear what I said. The throng were obviously drunk and getting rowdier and rowdier. I cupped my hands either side of my mouth and yelled so loud my head split “TWO PINTS OF LAGER”. The reply was “WHAT?”

At this point Keith was hopelessly bobbling with the ugly men, their faces right in his, all yelling at him, telling him how great he was. I put my hands back deep in my pockets turned and tried to walk in a manner that would convey my displeasure with drinkless lost friend resignation. Slowly the strange slippers shuffled me towards the distant open doors and I returned to wondering who they belonged to. No one noticed me – I looked back to check. Just before I took my leave a wing collared maitre d’ came rushing up from nowhere and declared I “was never to step foot in the establishment, ever again!” My parting cry of “FUCK OFF PENGUIN” woke me up!

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #235 on: 07 February, 2013, 03:50:30 pm »
We need to know what sort of cheese you people are eating before you go to sleep!
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #236 on: 07 February, 2013, 03:55:39 pm »
Well, if you hang out with Keith Richards, I would imagine it's more than just cheese that's being consumed!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

fuzzy

« Reply #237 on: 08 February, 2013, 09:40:58 am »
Last night Clan Fuzzy drove to an unidentified Northern Town to attend an afternoons festivities known as being a travelling football fan.

I parked in a railway station car park and we left the car with me worrying if I had paid enough parking money to last the day.

I then approached the soldier standing armed guard at the station ticket hall and asked him directions to the Town centre so that Clan Fuzzy could do some pre football browsing. He explained that we could follow the path through the canyon which, in 15 minutes would lead us to the heart of the town OR we could hop on a train to the next station which was right next to Sainsbury's and ould take 5 minutes. I thanked him and walked outside to explain the options to SWMBO.

As we discussed our plans, we were stood looking accross a vista which included rows of terraced housing in the foreground with a swathe of forest behind and a grand castle high on a cliff above the town. To the east was more yellow stone cliffs with alpine style roads snaking upwards, through hairpins and tunnels. Many vehicles could be seen on these roads paying mucho respect to the colourful lycra clad cyclists using these roads to get some good training miles in.

After our discussion, Clan Fuzzy opted for the canyon walk to town and off we went, accompanied by many other like minded football fans, all of us singing "We are Paolo's red and white army!"

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #238 on: 08 February, 2013, 09:52:23 am »
We need to know what sort of cheese you people are eating before you go to sleep!

Heavily Prozacced cheese mainly

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #239 on: 08 February, 2013, 01:03:23 pm »
Mike Burrows, making seat brackets out of Source 4s.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #240 on: 08 February, 2013, 01:19:02 pm »
Wouldn't put it past him.
Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #241 on: 23 February, 2013, 02:31:53 pm »
Dream fragment remembered as I woke up featured CrinklyLion OTP catching a train to a forum get-together with cubs, but without bikes (as is becoming a theme).  Unusually, however, they did have a large canoe, and we were concerned about whether it would fit in the dangly bike space.  It was an awkward lift, and the paddles kept falling out, with EldestCub being instructed to retrieve them "because Kim says you never know when you'll be up the creek".

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #242 on: 23 February, 2013, 05:07:17 pm »
A bloke who I last worked with / saw some 20 years ago turned up at a place not quite entirely unlike my current work-place to replace the laser printer (it could have been an LN05, but it looked too "modern" for that so it might have been a 1st gen Kyocera) . Which he did.  With an Intermec "till roll" printer.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #243 on: 25 February, 2013, 07:27:02 am »
Last night I went to stay with Charlotte & Julian. While I was in London I met a woman who seemed a bit strange to me but J&C insisted I had to invite her to the social things we were doing. The four of us set off to walk to somewhere and the route took us through a beautiful park full of marble statues, then the road went underground and things got very unpleasant. There was a huge rat, as big as a beagle, and the sky was darkening and full of smoke and noxious fumes and we thought it might be the way to hell. We kept going though and it took us into a nightclub which was packed, even though it was daytime, and we went out the other side and exited into Paddington station. Charlotte was talking about a dinner party she wanted to have the next night in a very expensive restaurant, but I offered to cook instead. Then I woke up.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #244 on: 25 February, 2013, 10:09:16 am »
I was travelling from East Anglia to the west of Scotland by bus, via Didcot.

My Cheese of Choice is Parmesan.

fuzzy

« Reply #245 on: 25 February, 2013, 11:32:14 am »
I was interviewing "Brenda" for a job as a receptionist?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #246 on: 25 February, 2013, 02:01:54 pm »
then the road went underground and things got very unpleasant. There was a huge rat, as big as a beagle, and the sky was darkening and full of smoke and noxious fumes and we thought it might be the way to hell. We kept going though and it took us into a nightclub which was packed, even though it was daytime, and we went out the other side and exited into Paddington station.

Ah, the Hammersmith and City line.

« Reply #247 on: 28 February, 2013, 11:34:13 am »
Last night I dreamt had a nightmare I was pregnant.
In my dream, however, there was some confusion whether I was pregnant or my dog. There were things we couldn't do, because the dog was pregnant. My foetus was very bony and I could feel her moving around. At some parts of the dream this was because it was the dog, and obviously whippets are longer limbed and bonier than people. There was some medical worry and I wasn't sure the foetus (I'm not calling it baby, because like I said, it may have been a dog) the foetus was actually growing in the right place and when I felt through my belly when it was moving around and poking its limbs about it felt very close to the surface and I was worried it was not in a uterus, and just swimming around in there.

I have a mirena coil, I've been surgically improved and I don't have a dog, but in the dream it was very real. I woke up quite panicky.

Note to self: just 'cause it's low carb, doesn't mean you should eat cheese before bed.

fuzzy

« Reply #248 on: 28 February, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »
Last night I was a house guest of Neil Armstrong and we spent hours reminiscing about his time as a test pilot and astronaut, looking at his scrap books, phot collections, memorabilia and books etc.

I then asked him whether he missed the Air Force.

It wasn't until I woke up this morning and was cleaning my teeth that I relaised what a stupid question that was. he was a civilian test pilot ::-)

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #249 on: 28 February, 2013, 03:44:56 pm »
Last night I was a house guest of Neil Armstrong and we spent hours reminiscing about his time as a test pilot and astronaut, looking at his scrap books, phot collections, memorabilia and books etc.

There's a missed opportunity. You could have asked him about Mr Gorskey.
216km from Marsh Gibbon