Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 147405 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #450 on: 09 March, 2015, 06:41:48 pm »
See it is all about bringing back the plates to the dinner ladies. Always got extra when I did that as a cycling instructor.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #451 on: 17 March, 2015, 04:18:37 pm »
Last night I dreamt that I was watching Peter, of this very Parish, on that YouTube. He was sporting a very hipster pair of glasses and beard, and singing a slightly more pop-orientated ditty than I think he traditionally does, in that there Real Life. In his video, he was hanging upside down on a sofa in the style of a bored 10 yr old.

IIRC it was a very catchy tune. No2Daughter was a big fan.
 :thumbsup:

[WTF?]

« Reply #452 on: 24 March, 2015, 08:02:05 am »
I dreamed that my green morris minor was trashed by a yellow JCB.  Claiming on the insurance was a problem because compensation was the original purchase price of the car in £sd.

Strange because I've never had a morris minor or a JCB and I don't know what they cost in 1948. 

.. been watching the Great Gatsby (Mia Farrow, Robert Redford) earlier..

Move Faster and Bake Things

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #453 on: 24 March, 2015, 08:42:37 am »
My narrowboat was stolen while we were having a picnic up the hill. It was driven away at 5mph, but I was unable to catch it on my bike because the roads went in the wrong direction.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

« Reply #454 on: 24 March, 2015, 08:46:44 am »
Three or four times now I've dreamt I've been hosting Steve on his world record attempt and have been making mistakes that cock things right up for him.

Oh the relief when I wake up and realise it's not true.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #455 on: 24 March, 2015, 08:56:23 am »
I have so many very vivid dreams that it would be tedious to report them every day.  I spare you that.

But I thought you might like to know I beat up Richard Branson for his part in carving up the NHS.
Getting there...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #456 on: 24 March, 2015, 09:30:12 am »
I was trying to sign in & pick up my papers at the start of PBP in what appeared to be our local supermarket, but all I could find inside was a bunch of cosmetics shops. When I went back out to the car park our camping car was still there but was surrounded by an elaborate awning & barbecue, and occupied by folk I didn't know.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #457 on: 24 March, 2015, 10:23:02 am »
I have so many very vivid dreams that it would be tedious to report them every day.  I spare you that.

But I thought you might like to know I beat up Richard Branson for his part in carving up the NHS.

So you think that was a dream?  They haven't come to arrest you yet?
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #458 on: 24 March, 2015, 11:21:41 am »
Three or four times now I've dreamt I've been hosting Steve on his world record attempt and have been making mistakes that cock things right up for him.

Oh the relief when I wake up and realise it's not true.

Cor that's a coincidence! I had a dream about hosting Steve last night too!!
He arrived on a date we were not expecting him and it took us ages to cook him food and warm the hot water up for him. We couldn't find the right cables to change up his stuff and were running around like headless chickens. Then Simon's iPhone alarm didn't go off in the morning and he was still fast asleep at 11am when we finally woke up and realised  :facepalm:
Yes, waking up this morning was a big relief  ;D

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #459 on: 02 April, 2015, 11:39:23 am »
I was up in Aalborg Tower*, which was a museum about planets and stars. One room showed space movies recorded by satellites, one room you could try to make life with various gasses. Other rooms had rockets and rocks from planets or comets etc etc.

Then we went upstairs and it was just one big room with some grey dirt/earth laying about 2-3 feet deep with some rocks, no plants or windows, just gaps in the concrete walls to let some light in, we had to have head lamps on. In there was the only ever aliens to come to earth four-five centipedes that was about 4-5 inches wide and around 3 feet long.

If you stood still they would come up to you and roll over so that you rub their bellies. On the roof there were many masts, antennas, radar, satellite dishes that my mate, who builds satellite communication for boats/ships in real life, were responsible for. Then we went downstairs and the views out of the windows changed from Paris to London depending on which window you looked out. Then a fire started and Peli's alarm ran.

So my question did the tower really burn and did we save the centipedes?

* My home town. Aalborg Tårnet is a 54.9 metre tall observation tower built of lattice steel in Aalborg, Denmark. The tower is built on a hill, providing a total height of 105 metres above sea level. The tower has a restaurant on the top.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #460 on: 02 April, 2015, 11:54:59 am »
For reasons that don't really make sense, other than it presumably being a YACF ride, I had a dream in which Auntie Helen, Phil and myself were cycling to Wolverhampton (which seemed to have turned into Bristol) along the canal paths in the dark, using an amphibious velomobile and a pair of Bromptons.  There was much getting lost and checking of maps, and concerns about being late for meeting Basil in the pub (he had, presumably, taken a road route).

It was completely unrealistic:  Nothing got muddy.

« Reply #461 on: 02 April, 2015, 12:32:37 pm »
Amphibious velomobile eh,  you will be giving AuntieH ideas!
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #462 on: 02 April, 2015, 01:00:09 pm »
your subconscious is telling you that a Tunnels Ride is needing to be organised.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #463 on: 19 April, 2015, 09:52:50 am »
Charlotte had persuaded me that I should ride the Skeggy 300.  For some reason the contents of my rack bag had been replaced with the random clutter that lived in my school bag in the mid-90s, little of which would have been useful on an audax.  Also, it was raining, so my waterproof jacket had expanded and I knew it wouldn't roll up small enough to fit when I tried to take it off.  So I was refusing to start, on the basis of being utterly unprepared, and because Skegness is a dump.

She decided that the only way it was going to work was if I paid a quick visit to andygates's trans-cranial magnetic stimulation emporium, and have the bits of my brain responsible for common sense temporarily disabled.  This worked well, and after I'd offloaded my supply of spare tubes, I was off...

I woke up before the first control, as I was bursting for the loo at that point.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #464 on: 19 April, 2015, 10:33:11 am »
First dream: I was helping someone to test shoot various weapons and and as support prop we could only use small dead people. The ones I had found weren't good because rigor mortis haven't set in yet  - WTF! where did that come from?

Second dream: We were in Brasil selling stuff on markets around the country. Our mutt got lost after it was swimming in a miniature canal with locks with other dogs. Some people said that they saw out mutt go with others after the swim and that Peli had said it was ok. I was on a bus trying to show a picture to other passengers but my phone kept crashing because it was out of power, but when I stopped looking for photos I had full power. Peli called and said to come back. Because of the phone call I lost track of where the bus had gone so I couldn't remember the route back. I had to walk through a market but for every stall I pass or rather crawled over I got a few more rows to get past or over. The jewellery stalls were the hardest to pass, clothing and bacon stalls were easy. Depending on which way I looked it was day or night time.

« Reply #465 on: 27 May, 2015, 07:40:44 am »
It appears I saved the day. My old (80s) Muddy Fox was put back together and running very sweetly, just as well because TG needed to ride it, all his Raleighs were hors de combat.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #466 on: 06 June, 2015, 01:35:40 pm »
Sadly I can't remember more from last night wonderful bizarre dream.

We where in a boat retuning to the shore and coming swimming towards us was Kurt Cobain, as he was doing so, he swam over a humpback whale.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #467 on: 17 June, 2015, 04:26:35 pm »
A weirdly disturbed/disturbing dream last night. I was in a queue to cook a meal. There was a wall of microwave ovens, when I got to the front of the queue I got one at the right-hand end in a middle row. You tipped some random veg into the microwave, which then somehow filled with water and there was a lizard in the water – large and green, apparently happily breathing underwater. Perhaps it was a newt. You knew your meal was ready when the lizard's eyeballs bulged then exploded.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

fuzzy

« Reply #468 on: 18 June, 2015, 08:29:12 am »
A weirdly disturbed/disturbing dream last night. I was in a queue to cook a meal. There was a wall of microwave ovens, when I got to the front of the queue I got one at the right-hand end in a middle row. You tipped some random veg into the microwave, which then somehow filled with water and there was a lizard in the water – large and green, apparently happily breathing underwater. Perhaps it was a newt. You knew your meal was ready when the lizard's eyeballs bulged then exploded.

Sounds like a King Koopa franchise emporium of toothy comestibles to me.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #469 on: 18 June, 2015, 10:23:28 am »
Ewww, that sounds disgusting.

I dreamed I told my hairdresser to make me a platinum blonde last night, and when I'd done it my daughter was furious because I looked ridiculous.  When I woke up I thought for a few moments I was still blonde, and was quite pleased, but then woke up properly and turned the alarm off.
Milk please, no sugar.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #470 on: 20 June, 2015, 08:54:54 pm »
I now have the almost equally disturbing idea of a peckish Fuzzy snacking off my troubling dreams.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #471 on: 06 July, 2015, 12:33:47 pm »
Odd one last night. I was dozing off when I saw myself riding along in a group. To my left and just in front of me was someone I was riding with yesterday morning. He abruptly turned right across me and I rode straight into the side of his bike. This was so startly it woke me up. In reality, he's one of the least likely people ever to ride like that.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #472 on: 09 August, 2015, 08:33:05 am »
Last night I was in Bradford station with a heavily laden touring bike on my way home from Scotland. I had a ticket which required me to get the Hull train and change somewhere else, I think Nottingham. Then my bike disappeared. There had been a party of school kids who had been loading bikes onto a big trailer and I thought they might have had it, but they hadn't, and I concluded that someone must have deliberately distracted me so that their mates could nick it. For some reason I decided that the best course of action was to return to Scotland to look for my bike and I ended up in some remote place, which may have been the Kyle of Lochalsh. The odd thing was that although the dream filled me with the overwhelming loss that one would suffer on finding that your favourite bike had been nicked, during all this I was still pushing a heavily laden touring bike about. Some time later I was back in Bradford trying to persuade the train guard to let me onto a different train.

I haven't been to Bradford Station for about 40 years and I am sure the services between Bradford and Hull wouldn't go via Nottingham.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #473 on: 09 August, 2015, 10:09:44 am »
I dreamed I was eating nougat last night.  Which was nice.  It was extremely nutty.
Milk please, no sugar.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #474 on: 09 August, 2015, 02:00:45 pm »
I had a long, convoluted dream, the key point of which was discovering increasingly convincing evidence that I was trapped in a simulated reality.  Then I woke up.

That's almost @MicroSFF complaint, that is.   :thumbsup: