Author Topic: PBP AUK Photo Point - where?  (Read 1854 times)

Angstbremser

• Zwei Minuten einwirken lassen
  • not the nature of Audax
PBP AUK Photo Point - where?
« on: 29 August, 2011, 11:29:09 am »
Hello,

in the editorial of the summer Arrivee an AUK photo point was announced (wave when you see the sign). I never noticed it during the ride, even though that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Can anyone remember that photo point and tell me where it was?

Ciao, Gernot

Re: PBP AUK Photo Point - where?
« Reply #1 on: 29 August, 2011, 11:31:53 am »
I remember seeing it on Wednesday, somewhere after Villaines, but don't remember the exact location. The Canadian I was riding with at the time was impressed that we had our own team photographer out, when Tim acknowledged me by name  :)

« Reply #2 on: 29 August, 2011, 12:05:08 pm »
The AUK photographers were moving around the whole time. I ran into them in Ambriere and had a chat over a coffee and saw them about three times after that. They said that they were having difficulty spotting UK riders because of all of the people wearing reflective jackets during the say.

« Reply #3 on: 29 August, 2011, 12:18:50 pm »
They disappeared off the radar at one point when they got kidnapped & were force fed a 5 course meal & had several bottles of local cider poured down them ;)

Judging by their map reading skills I expect they are now parked on some Alpine lay by still waiting for you to all come by :)

Good to see you Tim & Mark.

« Reply #4 on: 31 August, 2011, 10:07:42 pm »
I passed them twice somewhere along the way and gave a wave, but not sure if I was snapped as I was sporting my Audax Ireland Jersey which might have confused them.  I did get a good shout of support though, along the lines of "come on Ireland" or some such.

« Reply #5 on: 31 August, 2011, 10:49:02 pm »
I saw them twice. The first time they failed to see me so I shouted abuse at them. The second time they took my photo.

Where are the pictures? Are they online somewhere?
You're only as successful as your last 1200...