Author Topic: Weird gmail problem on tablet  (Read 777 times)

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
Weird gmail problem on tablet
« on: 12 April, 2017, 09:13:33 pm »
I need to use Mrs W's old Samsung Galaxy tab 2 (or is it a 3, I'm not sure ) when I go off to Shildon over the easter weekend for an event for the charity I work for. This is in connection with my rant mini series, in relation to my Sony Xperia Z5 being dead. This tablet is habitually used my me for idle Instagram viweing, and gmail reading, but this evening it really, really doesn't want to download gmail emails. It just sits there with the little circle thingy going round, doing nothing.
I ran speedtest on it, and got 33mbit,  whereas I get 75 on the PC which has real wire to connect it,  rather than the devil's radio, which the tablet has to use. Everything else seems to work fine, including youtube, twitter and Instagram,  so why so slow with gmail? I've even unearthed the ancient Nexus 7 out of the drawer and that is downloading the gmail just fine.

I'm doing this on the tablet and it's fine, it's just gmail on this device and no other.

So, where should I look for the issue?
Wombat

Afasoas

Re: Weird gmail problem on tablet
« Reply #1 on: 13 April, 2017, 10:50:01 am »
Are you using the Gmail App or are you using a browser?

The Samsung Tab 2 runs Android 4.2 and I suspect the default browser isn't compatible with some sites - I have exactly this issue with my wife's Tab2, and the old Samsung phone I'm currently using - not with Gmail but with some self-hosted stuff.