Author Topic: Website advice  (Read 897 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Website advice
« on: 21 January, 2013, 04:14:16 pm »
Working on the new site: http://radianceaudio.co.uk/site/

There's pages missing at the moment ie package deals, setup guides, full kit list etc. The slider on the home page will have a few of the package deals on it to make it a bit less scary to individuals looking to put on a small disco/wedding.

Packages will be like a couple of speakers on sticks and some DJ kit, ranging upto our main rig and cinema 5.1 system etc.

With that in mind, what do you think of the site?

If you were a business looking to hire sound kit or services for a product launch or office party, would you consider us?

What about as an individual looking to hire a small system for a birthday party or wedding?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Re: Website advice
« Reply #1 on: 21 January, 2013, 05:42:56 pm »
I can't take the credit, it is wordpress after all.

That last section was for custom and install jobs more than anything. Can you clarify your definition of a small event and what you may require? I can expand on that page and and more sections.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2 on: 21 January, 2013, 08:46:53 pm »
Okies all good points :) I shall change it over the next few days after I get the tax returns done :)

Support Equilibrium

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 21 January, 2013, 09:09:51 pm »
It's an excellent website (with proper use of semicolons, which makes my little heart sing).

But your photos could be *that* much better.

YHPM.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: 21 January, 2013, 09:19:31 pm »
It's a nice site. Agree with C re photos.

I'm a bit uncertain about the semi-colon on the home page, under Flexible Services; I don't think it is correct. Yer bog standard comma would suffice.

All the best with it all!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #5 on: 21 January, 2013, 09:25:03 pm »
The colour scheme looks very industrial. It makes me think you only want trade enquiries, not private events. "Wet hire" and "dry hire" are not intuitive terms. If I wanted a sound team for a big professional event, I'd probably get in touch. If I wanted you to do the sound for my wedding/birthday party/bar mitzvah, I'd probably move on to a different website.

It might be a bit easier to give an assessment after the missing pages are put up though.  :D

My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #6 on: 21 January, 2013, 11:02:21 pm »
Agree with EG.

If I wanted a disco - I'd think you were too big/expensive, and move on. I'm not even sure the two markets can co-exist on the same site. If you go that way, you may want to make two independent sections of the site to give a more tailored feel for both ends of the market.

On the other hand - if I was after a large event - I'd give a call.

Also - a tribute to what can be achieved with Wordpress.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #7 on: 22 January, 2013, 07:40:36 am »
Maybe you're right, keep Radiance more upmarket and get another domain. Or maybe the first page should be a choice of two buttons, individuals or businesses and then the button takes you to whichever section?

Support Equilibrium

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #8 on: 26 January, 2013, 03:12:53 am »
I've added an interim packages page for now. Is it along the right lines? I've also removed the icons on the home page. Though I am worried about the site getting multiple personality disorder with trying to cope with both.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #9 on: 26 January, 2013, 08:31:51 am »
Great looking site, Charlotte is right, though.

If you are after the low end of the market, I would suggest that your idea of a second domain is a good one. Assuming your deals are good, that front page would hit you with the £ and click straight through to a "buy".  No reason why you can't declare the association, and have a click through from one site to the other, but I suspect that there are two completely different types of customers.

Not the end of the world, and probably something to worry about after you've stabilised the site for whichever you perceive as the core business.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #10 on: 26 January, 2013, 01:44:52 pm »
Photos will be worked on eventually, this site isn't accessible unless you have direct link

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #11 on: 27 January, 2013, 03:19:08 pm »
Is it public yet, or on a test bench?

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #12 on: 27 January, 2013, 04:32:07 pm »
It's not accessible unless you have the direct link.

Support Equilibrium