Author Topic: Chiropractors  (Read 21142 times)

Re: Chiropractors
« Reply #175 on: 02 January, 2012, 07:51:03 pm »
It doesn't matter how much you 'regulate' nonsense, it's still nonsense.
If the reason given for something working is nonsense, but nevertheless it works - for some other, maybe prosaic or maybe unknown, reason - then is it still nonsense? The history of science and medicine is full of techniques which have been known to work for centuries, but we've only recently - or sometimes not yet - understood why.
You answer your own question, it's only after the nonsense has been discarded that actual understanding can take place.

Ah, plum, you're forgetting about the 'Wisdom of the Ancients'.  ;)
How's my trolling? Call 07700 900999.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #176 on: 02 January, 2012, 07:55:19 pm »
I've been following this thread and after these last few pages my chakras are all out of alignment, you bastards.
It is simpler than it looks.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #177 on: 02 January, 2012, 07:58:49 pm »
Actually I didn't have to 'wiki' or google anything.  I worked for the General Chiropractic Council for 7 years and have been a consultant in regulatory law and practice for another four years.  I probably know more about the statutory regulation of chiropractors and other health professionals than anyone else on this forum.

Then you most probably have a vested interest and are the person who's word should be least trusted amongst us..

Given that I'm probably the second some hated person amongst chiropractors*, I can't see why I'd have a vested interest.

*Some chiropractors have accused me of everything from having a grudge against chiropractors (and them in particular) to lying under oath and misconduct in a public office...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #178 on: 02 January, 2012, 07:59:17 pm »
I've been following this thread and after these last few pages my chakras are all out of alignment, you bastards.

Has someone dented your aura?

Regulator

« Reply #179 on: 02 January, 2012, 08:00:18 pm »

Wrong people...   ;D

Green Party Councillor

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #180 on: 02 January, 2012, 08:00:48 pm »

Hang on, I'll go get a mirror and report back.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #181 on: 02 January, 2012, 08:09:32 pm »
It doesn't matter how much you 'regulate' nonsense, it's still nonsense.
If the reason given for something working is nonsense, but nevertheless it works - for some other, maybe prosaic or maybe unknown, reason - then is it still nonsense? The history of science and medicine is full of techniques which have been known to work for centuries, but we've only recently - or sometimes not yet - understood why.
You answer your own question, it's only after the nonsense has been discarded that actual understanding can take place.
Sure, but the things will still work before that. I'm not thinking specifically of chiropractic, it applies to all sorts of things.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #182 on: 02 January, 2012, 08:10:18 pm »
You need a good spoke key, unless your rims are dented.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #183 on: 02 January, 2012, 08:11:03 pm »

Just found a mirror, and tried to have a look.

I'm now in agony.

Anyone know a good chiropracter?

Regulator

« Reply #184 on: 02 January, 2012, 08:11:30 pm »

A mirror's no good - you need this specially polished Tibetan crystal - only £500...

Green Party Councillor