Author Topic: CNC Router  (Read 970 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
CNC Router
« on: 04 January, 2019, 10:44:01 am »
So I want to buy a CNC Router, I am looking at the Ooozenest Workbee 1000x1000 screw driven jobbie using the Duet2 controllers. Most likely with an air or water cooled spindle rather than a router to aid in noise.

Before I purchase one I'd like to play about on the software. I notice it comes with a variety of paid for software, but as I understand it, you can also get some free software out that is decent. Does anyone anyone have any suggestions?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Re: CNC Router
« Reply #1 on: 05 January, 2019, 11:20:48 am »
Build your own with a plasma cutter too ;)

Talk to you later as I may have someone who can help.

Re: CNC Router
« Reply #2 on: 05 January, 2019, 12:20:13 pm »
 Get in touch with your local Fablab; it's their bread and butter, this sort of thing. Limouzilab being a bit dormant at present I can't really help (my speciality being more the anglegrinder and sledge stuff) but that's where the knowledge is. Warning: these beasts do tend to be very noisy (all high frequency sound) and dusty as well.

People do adapt them for 3D printing and large scale plan printing as well. Cutting is a lot more delicate, particularly if all the electrics are under the table like our ours (which was developed in house; we have an absolute genius in the lab for that).