Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Audax / Re: e-brevet ride missing from my rides results
« Last post by GdS on Today at 03:41:52 pm »
I rode the IoW Randonnee yesterday. Out of 3000+ riders I think I was the only one using a brevet card  not the phone app to validate the controls....
Rides and Touring / Re: Isle of Wight Randonee - 5th May 2024
« Last post by GdS on Today at 03:38:01 pm »
I seemed to be the only rider not using the app but a paper brevet card. Not sure how the App worked when I logged into my entry email it just said "download your certificate here" even though I didn't go back up to the Wooton control at the finish having ridden up there in the morning...
Wet.  Soggy trousers.  Hates it.  Though the antique Gore-Tex jacket still seems to do its thing in spite of being unused for about fifteen years.
On The Road / Re: 'War on Motorist'
« Last post by John Stonebridge on Today at 02:35:20 pm »
that's a joke of a consultation.  I've responded and went out my way to suggest bigger fines and greater enforcement. 

The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 02:21:48 pm »
If the Kids Are United - Sham 69
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 02:11:14 pm »
(Yesterday) removed all the touring extras from my bike. It suddenly feels very light again!

Alas, my bikes have gone the opposite way, since the need to carry a spare battery & tools to remove the motor wheel means that on every ride over 50k it's carrying as much extra weight as for a 4-day Audax.  Last 120k I did, bike + luggage weighed 21 kg.
The Sporting Life / Re: Liverpool
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 02:10:19 pm »
Should have been more than four, really. They were running Spurs ragged for much of the game.

But then I’ve seen them do the same in other games this season and fail to score any goals at all. Which is why they’re not winning the league.
« Last post by JefO on Today at 02:04:44 pm »
Carbon Footprint - Kidzone
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by JefO on Today at 02:00:42 pm »
At the tip recently, someone was warned that they don't take paint tins that are not empty of liquid.

So today, killing two birds with one stone, I painted three of the bare chipboard shelves of my soon to be garage shelf unit, using some VERY old white gloss paint.

Actually only painted one side and the edges on each of the shelves, and there are 5 shelves in total.

So having emptied a paint tin, now have to decide what colours the other shelves and other sides will be painted, once they have dried. 

My god this is a boring load of drivel. Please accept my apologies.
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 01:56:09 pm »
Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes - Paul Simon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10