Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Sporting Life / Re: Southend Football
« Last post by bobb on Today at 06:27:50 pm »
FFS. Braintree were 2 nill up right up until the 89th minute. Then Chelmsford scored twice to take it to extra time! Then Braino scored again to win 3-2  ::-)
Up in London's Famous London today, helping marshall The Tweed Run (great fun btw). We finish at Spa Fields. I go into The Bourne and Hollingsworth building to buy a pint of BEER. That'll be £7.13. <faints>. I know I'm in London and they need to pay for the streets to be paved in gold, but that made me wince. Delving further, it's £6.50 for the beer plus 12.5% service. I'm not quite sure what service was involved in pouring a pint of beer into a plastic glass.
The Pub / Re: Confessions of a tool junkie
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 05:44:28 pm »
I'm on the Niwaki website...

In a fit of sense, I decided that the likelihood of me wiping and oiling a set of carbon steel secateurs every time I use them without fail was probably nil, so I didn't buy. Need to find a suitable lazy git's alternative.
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 05:43:27 pm »
Yes, the Essex batsmen have done well. Given the state of the forecast, their best bet is to try to get maximum batting points if they can, but that's still a long way away.

Talking of extras, I was at a match a long time ago - Gooch scored 139 or thereabouts, and at the time it was his best first-class score - in which extras topped 50. There was a big round of applause for them. That was at Chalkwell Park, and I'm sure it was 1976, the last time Essex played at Chalkwell Park. Worcestershire were the opponents. I recall that Basil d'Oliveira and Imran Khan were in their team.

Edit: this one. I hope that's visible - google found that page straight away, but I have a login for the Wisden website.

Surrey look as though they are heading for another big win. They are being held up by rain at the moment, but I think their forecast, at the Oval, is for pretty good weather compared to Chester-le-Street.
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by robgul on Today at 05:40:26 pm »
Fitted a new chainring to a customer's bike - the old one had virtually no teeth and he wondered why it kept throwing the chain.   Also fitted gear cables to the same machine . . .  don't you just love frames with internal cabling.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 05:38:04 pm »
Again and Again - Status Quo
Further and Faster / Re: New bike for Audax from Halfords.
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Today at 05:36:28 pm »

https://www.strava.com/activities/1378437082

This is the Strava entry for my first ever Audax.

Looks like I averaged 18.5kph.

I was running Schwalbe Marathon green guard tyres. I replaced them with Conti GP4k immediately after.

J
OT Knowledge / Re: Underfloor heating pros / cons
« Last post by hellymedic on Today at 05:33:07 pm »
Beware that UFH can KILL pianos!

I wasn’t going to post this while a bathroom was being discussed!
I bet Liberace had one in a bathroom.

I’l ask D, who visited his abode in 2017...
No FNRTTS ride in August.  Reusing thread...

Just to say that it's been 15 years since the 1st FNRTTS AFAIA. 

In 2021, for the FNRTTS that didn't happen due to Cafe Covid, train ticket LonPadd back to Oxford was £5, now they seem to be £23-35.  Nice bit of 'gouging'.
That seems fairly pointless. I could get a mix of 5 species that don't exist in Furrybootoon! Also a bit disturbed by the comment 'taken from natural ponds'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10