Author Topic: More bike stuff at Lidl 7th April  (Read 3997 times)

Arthur

More bike stuff at Lidl 7th April
« on: 31 March, 2008, 11:01:05 am »
Lidl will have some more bike stuff in on 7th April... Most of it looks like tat, but I'm happy with the 35 piece tool set I picked up last year, which contains most of the stuff I need for casual fettling.

Edit: Oops. Thanks, Nutty

Re: More bike stuff at Lidl 7th May
« Reply #1 on: 31 March, 2008, 11:44:49 am »
Don't confuse me >:(

Thread title says 7th May.  OP says 7th April.

(And no doubt I'll go to Aldi anyway :-[)

« Reply #2 on: 31 March, 2008, 11:46:39 am »
Don't confuse me >:(

Thread title says 7th May.  OP says 7th April.

(And no doubt I'll go to Aldi anyway :-[)
Honestly Nutty it's quite easy to tell the difference. Aldi is a German company that sells stuff cheap. Whereas Lidl is a German company that sells stuff cheap.

HTH

« Reply #3 on: 31 March, 2008, 12:09:52 pm »
Ahh, I was hoping for a German company that sold cheap stuff.  That seems to be neither of the above.

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #4 on: 31 March, 2008, 12:17:11 pm »
Ahh, I was hoping for a German company that sold cheap stuff.  That seems to be neither of the above.

You're obviously not trying ;D

Penny Market - They are all over Europe so I bet they are in UK somewhere?

Tchibo if you live in a nice middle-class town.

Don't buy the cordless cycle computer from the latter. Mine reads 75 mph+ whenever I cycle past someone using a mobile phone

Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

steveB

Re: More bike stuff at Lidl 7th April
« Reply #5 on: 31 March, 2008, 08:10:37 pm »
At only 2.5kg and £20 I'm tempted to buy the tent for emergency use only, I hate camping!  I thought if hotels/B&Bs (only got a few booked) were not to be found when I go to Normandy in June, it might get me out of a corner.  Anyone care to own up to having one?

Re: More bike stuff at Lidl 7th April
« Reply #6 on: 31 March, 2008, 08:26:26 pm »
So, who's going to trust their bike to the £1.99 lock?  ;D

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #7 on: 02 April, 2008, 09:02:08 pm »

How about Netto?  That's a Danish company that sells stuff at low prices.

HTH
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Jakob

« Reply #8 on: 03 April, 2008, 12:53:06 pm »

HTH

I thought it was German owned (Or at least it used to be when I lived in Denmark)

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #9 on: 03 April, 2008, 09:23:23 pm »

HTH

I thought it was German owned (Or at least it used to be when I lived in Denmark)

I thought it was as well initially, bearing in mind the traditional lines of minimalist stores, loads of goods with foreign names, having to pay for plastic bags etc etc, but it turns out it's part of the Maersk shipping group.

That reminds me of a little rhyming question someone once passed onto me.

Q.   What's yellow & black and full of cr*p?

A.    A Netto bag.

Please note, bearing in mind the new management, I am not endorsing this line of suggestive behaviour, and merely pass this information on, as seen, without prejudice.  Shops may go up and down, the value of your food is not guaranteed etc etc.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein