Author Topic: Vittoria Randonneur T yres  (Read 2456 times)

Vittoria Randonneur T yres
« on: 07 April, 2008, 09:10:53 pm »
My new audax bike is due to arrive at the end of this week / beginning of next.  It will have Vittoria Randonneur 28's fitted as per the spec.  Are these tyres any good, I've no experience of them at all?

RJMcB

gordon taylor

Re: Vittoria Randonneur T yres
« Reply #1 on: 07 April, 2008, 09:14:20 pm »
I used them for a while for touring but thought they were very heavy. Even my Armadillos seem faster! Having said that, they were tough as hell and only punctured after the tread had worn away so much that the red casing was showing through.

« Reply #2 on: 07 April, 2008, 09:17:55 pm »
I think that's what I've got on the fixie, because they were the cheapest available from Wiggle when I was building it up.  Done about 3000 miles on it now (blimey) commuting, still going strong.  Don't *think* I've ever had a fairy visitation on those tyres but I might have had one & forgotten it.

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #3 on: 07 April, 2008, 09:47:46 pm »
Oh RJ you must be getting excited...  New bike winging its way to you.  Have you booked the day off work to be at home for the delivery?  When I ordered my Super Galaxy, that's exactly what I did.  But then again, I'm a bit sad when it comes to new bike stuff.  It's a bit like Christmas but you have to pay for the stuff.

In relation to the tyres, I am not aware of that particular model.

« Reply #4 on: 08 April, 2008, 09:11:04 am »
I used the Randonneur Cross tyres. Light for their size, very puncture-resistant. Roll remarkably well.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #5 on: 08 April, 2008, 12:05:12 pm »
I have them on my hybrid in 38mm. They're not light (but will obviously be lighter in 28mm), but they do roll well. They're also quiet and the grip hasn't given me any cause for concern.

I have suffered one p*, when I rode over a 3 inch blackthorn while avoiding a pedestrian on a cycle path. I can't blame the tyres for that one.

I'd certainly buy them again for a bike which needed tough tyres.