Author Topic: Cramping in my back  (Read 923 times)

Cramping in my back
« on: 25 January, 2010, 03:33:20 pm »
HI,
looking for some advice... over xmas I had a small fall (walking) and a throat infection. The combination of these meant I pulled something in my back in the middle about halfway down. The doc said to take ibruprofen and rest and keep it warm (wearing a compression vest). It has been getting better but now I have a different problem. If I stretch or twist my whole back seems to cramp up and go into spasm... which is causing me a few issues.

Anyone have any idea as to how I stop this happening?

thanks for your help
Rich
Cheers
Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching

Re: Cramping in my back
« Reply #1 on: 25 January, 2010, 03:45:04 pm »
your doc is right.

If you are getting more cramps and spasms, chances are that there is at least one muscle permanently locked in spasm - usually to protect another, damaged muscle.

You can wait it out ( it will heal), only stretching and twisting *very* gently and when warm (really warm, like in a hot bath).

Or you can seek out a decent chiropractor. That will hurt wallet and back a little more in the short term, but should be better in the medium and long term.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2 on: 25 January, 2010, 03:49:59 pm »
I Will see about getting booked into docs again and see what she says/recommends. It is really becoming a pain, no pun intended...
Cheers
Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #3 on: 25 January, 2010, 11:08:15 pm »
I'd reccomend a good sports physio. They will straighten you out and provide appropriate stretches/exercise to help treat it.

Worked for me anyhow.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #4 on: 25 January, 2010, 11:46:30 pm »
Anyone know a good sports physio in Leicestershire?
Cheers
Rich