Author Topic: Hopefully some good news  (Read 929 times)

Hopefully some good news
« on: 23 February, 2014, 10:55:14 pm »
3 weeks ago I was visiting the doc for one thing - actually nothing but a mole as it turned out -  and she took the opportunity to check my blood pressure, reading 150/90. I was unceremoniously instructed to see the nurse for another check in a couple of weeks. Having moved house last weekend and this week I suggested a slightly later appointment, but also went out and bought a blood pressure monitor (one that has been clinically validated).

Readings this week are consistently below 120/80, which I hope will be repeated when I visit the nurse in a weeks time.

Given I'm now 48 and some years older and stones heavier than the last time I visited the nurse I suspect I won't get the response I got then. 'Well, you're just about perfect!'

Anyway, fingers crossed.

Re: Hopefully some good news
« Reply #1 on: 24 February, 2014, 03:24:31 pm »
I wish you well.
My blood pressure also rises dramatically when I set foot in anywhere medical. My GP had me kitted out with a 24hr monitor (takes your BP & pulse every 30mins during daytime, 60 minutes at night). Sure enough I chugged along nicely in the range 110 - 120 over 75 - 80 even when a reading was taken while I was cycling home from the surgery and playing racketball that evening.