Author Topic: I'm a little daunted by this task  (Read 2216 times)

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
I'm a little daunted by this task
« on: 02 April, 2008, 04:10:11 pm »
I have just started the process of packing in readiness for moving up to Lancashire.

Having packed the contents of one bookcase and one window sill into boxes and stacked them in the hall, the scale of the problem is much clearer. Moving a three bedroomed house with loft into a one bedroomed flat without loft is not going to be easy.  ???

I think I need a cup of tea.

clarion

• Tyke
Re: I'm a little daunted by this task
« Reply #1 on: 02 April, 2008, 04:11:10 pm »
I know what you're going through...  :(
Getting there...

« Reply #2 on: 02 April, 2008, 04:18:14 pm »
I fear ruthless pruning may be your only option!

groucho

• Humph!!
« Reply #3 on: 02 April, 2008, 04:47:43 pm »
Somewhere between the car boot sale topic and OT classifieds your problems will be solved.. oh and eBAY!

Do you have a Barcelona chair for sale, by chance?
Faith, hope and gluttony.........

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: 02 April, 2008, 05:03:29 pm »
I do appreciate your concern and ideas BUT, we have already done the pruning, chariity shop donating and dumping stuff. It's what is left that is the problem.  :o

Sorry Groucho, no Barcelona chair. I don't suppose a clapped out sofa would suffice?

« Reply #5 on: 02 April, 2008, 05:36:24 pm »
I have just started the process of packing in readiness for moving up to Lancashire.

Having packed the contents of one bookcase and one window sill into boxes and stacked them in the hall, the scale of the problem is much clearer. Moving a three bedroomed house with loft into a one bedroomed flat without loft is not going to be easy.  ???

I think I need a cup of tea.

I reckon you & GillP should give it a miss this weekend & hide in a cabin near Welshpool ;)
Alan using Marj's account