Author Topic: Anyone else having garmin USB mode issues?  (Read 1271 times)

Anyone else having garmin USB mode issues?
« on: 11 July, 2011, 05:53:47 pm »
My Garmin Oregon 450 has been playing up, and refusing to go into USB mode / having issues with data transfer etc etc. It has been working fine for a year, but to be honest I've not been using the micro SD card, it seems to be related to that as in when I removed it, all sprung back to life (and now I've replaced it, it is still OK)

I suspect it is somehow related to the fact I'm just starting to use the card, and loaded on another OSM gmapsupp using Basecamp & Mapinst, possibly gets unhappy because there are rwo gmapsupp on the device, although it lets me.

Anyone else found similar? For the short term I'll just delete the 2nd one on the card

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: Anyone else having garmin USB mode issues?
« Reply #1 on: 13 July, 2011, 02:27:45 pm »
On the Oregon, you can rename your 2nd map file to something else, and it will still appear in the map menu.  You can also have more than 2 map files active.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #2 on: 13 July, 2011, 03:11:59 pm »
Yep, got that happening, but I was trying to use the SD card. May try it using another file name, see what happens. Odd stuff, though, maybe an SD Card issue

« Reply #3 on: 13 July, 2011, 06:32:56 pm »
my 450 has done this - I just unplugged it removed the batteries and put them back then plugged it in again - worked fine second time around.

I have Garmin and gmapsupp x2 on the device and contours.