Author Topic: Bob Jackson Audax Club Tyre Clearance (28?)  (Read 972 times)

Bob Jackson Audax Club Tyre Clearance (28?)
« on: 06 March, 2019, 07:44:02 pm »
Hi there,

I'm close to pressing 'go' on a Bob Jackson Audax Club frame and asking this question in a few places in hope of an answer. Will it take 28mm tyres withOUT mudguards?

While it's nominally a mudguard bike, I'm speccing it as a summer bike with oversized tubing, no mudguard or rack eyelets, hoping to run 28mm tyres.

I've gone for this over the Olympus Road - their typical summer racer, as the Audax Club is described as taking 25mm tyres with mudguards and normal reach brakes, while the Olympus Road is 25mm with no guards. My current bike takes 28mm tyres with normal brakes (Ultegra) but is being replaced as frame's a bit big.

They have advised this is achieved by having slightly longer chainstays and suggested would be the wiser choice if I want more clearance than the Olympus Road offers.

So, does anyone have an Audax Club and tried 28mm tyres? (without guards)

Cheers!

Re: Bob Jackson Audax Club Tyre Clearance (28?)
« Reply #1 on: 06 March, 2019, 08:10:45 pm »
Yes..
With clearance for 28c Michelin endurance on son archetype rims and campagnolo skeleton brakes.

🙂

Re: Bob Jackson Audax Club Tyre Clearance (28?)
« Reply #2 on: 06 March, 2019, 11:44:41 pm »
Yes..
With clearance for 28c Michelin endurance on son archetype rims and campagnolo skeleton brakes.

🙂

Brilliant, cheers - definitely an Audax Club, not an End to End?

I don't know if you posted a pic there - there is a tiny square below your comment...

Sam