Author Topic: ACME Arrow Teams 2024  (Read 1304 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
ACME Arrow Teams 2024
« on: 02 February, 2024, 08:43:26 am »
Time to get organised, I think. 

I know some of last year's teams will be up for a repeat performance. There's the beginnings of my Team ACME Dynamite, with points champ Mark C expressing interest - any others? I'll probably be plotting much the same Fenland route.

I'm awaiting notification of the cheap fares back from York, which must be along soon?

Re: ACME Arrow Teams 2024
« Reply #1 on: 02 February, 2024, 09:16:53 am »
Tickets came out end of last week, at least on Kings Cross East Coast mainline they did.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 02 February, 2024, 05:39:47 pm »
Tickets came out end of last week, at least on Kings Cross East Coast mainline they did.

Cheers!  :thumbsup: Trainline fail I guess?

« Reply #3 on: 02 February, 2024, 06:19:08 pm »
I got the Trainline email last Friday, though advance fares popped up on Thu.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 02 February, 2024, 07:42:47 pm »
Got the York - Kings Cross ticket & bike reservation ok, but the system wasn't happy with the final leg up to Stansted Airport, but hey ho, I can get that on the day if necessary. Still being asked about cheap ticket alerts for Easter ...

My ideal route via Cambridge wasn't available (unless in addition to Peterborough you also change at Ely or Hitchin), not sure what's going on there?

felstedrider

« Reply #5 on: 02 February, 2024, 07:56:09 pm »
Can’t ride this year.  We have a gig Friday night and leave for Snowdonia Saturday lunchtime.

John Stonebridge

• Has never ridden Ower the Edge
« Reply #6 on: 02 February, 2024, 10:07:28 pm »
Bought my York - Edinburgh ticket (for Easter Saturday 30th March) on 25th Jan following twin alerts from LNER and Lightning Phil.   

« Reply #7 on: 02 February, 2024, 10:54:40 pm »
I’m up for an arrow but would be on trike.

« Reply #8 on: 03 February, 2024, 08:57:22 am »
My ideal route via Cambridge wasn't available (unless in addition to Peterborough you also change at Ely or Hitchin), not sure what's going on there?

South out of Cambridge seems to be out of action at weekends more often than not at the moment, as they're building a new station just south of the main station. I think there's work north of Cambridge too on the Easter weekend. I'm on Phil's Easter Arrow team, and have booked a ticket York-Stevenage in the hope of then being able to get a train from Stevenage to Royston before then cycling home to near Cambridge. Complicated... On weekends with Cambridge South works, trains have been going from King's Cross to Royston or Liverpool Street to Audley End. Probably up to Stansted Airport also fine, but I never go that way! So I guess worst case, Tomsk, you could cycle over to Liverpool Street/Tottenham Hale and get the hourly train to Elsenham.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 05 February, 2024, 05:26:13 pm »
Every Easter it seems to be either the Liverpool Street - Cambridge, or - Chelmsford lines that are being worked on and are out of action. York - Peterborough - Stansted Airport is just such a convenient train route and an easy 7 mile ride home. At least riding across London on Easter Saturday is generally stress-free ...

« Reply #10 on: 08 February, 2024, 10:11:57 am »
If my three wheels are welcome on this little ride I will need to book hotels as I will need to ride home as trikes aren't welcome on trains unless I use her Shinyness.  Would you like me to come out to play on this little jaunt?  HK

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: 08 February, 2024, 11:00:27 am »
If my three wheels are welcome on this little ride I will need to book hotels as I will need to ride home as trikes aren't welcome on trains unless I use her Shinyness.  Would you like me to come out to play on this little jaunt?  HK

Ok HK you're welcome to join my team! I don't have fixies queuing up (though I'll probably be fixed myself), so it'll be the return of Team Dynamite Allsorts. We just need a tandem and recumbent to to complete the set!

Starting from the Battesford Court, Witham at 09:00. I'll aim for 400km with a sensible 360km bail-out option, lots of Fenland, Wetherspoons, McDonalds etc ...

« Reply #12 on: 08 February, 2024, 07:04:07 pm »

Ok HK you're welcome to join my team! I don't have fixies queuing up (though I'll probably be fixed myself), so it'll be the return of Team Dynamite Allsorts. We just need a tandem and recumbent to to complete the set!

Starting from the Battesford Court, Witham at 09:00. I'll aim for 400km with a sensible 360km bail-out option, lots of Fenland, Wetherspoons, McDonalds etc ...

Perfect.  HK

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: 11 February, 2024, 09:24:00 am »
Dynamite has now lost a rider - I need one more please!

« Reply #14 on: 15 February, 2024, 08:02:58 pm »
How about me on my hybrid and my Deliveroo bag?
Riding an Easter Arrow to York then do a few days of Deliveroo in York before riding back home, maybe doing a few more deliveries on the way,has been an idea of mine for some time.
Hotels seem eye wateringly expensive in York at Easter, so I'll probably be carrying a tent and sleeping bag too and won't be in a hurry. I'll probably be the slowest on the team. And if it's only a team of 3 riders, you'd need to make sure that the slowest rider makes it, so I will happily sit on your wheels for a free and easy ride to York.😁