Author Topic: What does AUK define as a club?  (Read 1365 times)

What does AUK define as a club?
« on: 17 November, 2014, 05:13:13 pm »
Does a club have to be BC/CTT affiliated in order for me (and a few mates) to ride audax events (and collect points) under their name?

*I've seen something like this question answered on here before, but I've spent an hour searching and I can't find it

Re: What does AUK define as a club?
« Reply #1 on: 17 November, 2014, 05:30:44 pm »
Just make it up.

No requirement whatsoever to be affiliated to BC/CTT and why should there be?  Audax is a non-competitive pastime.

If you as LWB nicely, and your name is Dave, you might be able to join Dave CC.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #2 on: 17 November, 2014, 05:40:13 pm »
As above - it really doesn't matter for AUK.

A club is just a collection of like-minded people, so you can form your own club and ask the Membership Sec to add it to the list.

We've got several new clubs that are just collections of people who like riding their bikes a long way that have rather dominated the club championships over the past few years and that's all great, but some people get a little worked up over what is a 'real' club and what isn't.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #3 on: 17 November, 2014, 05:45:50 pm »
Sweet. I had hoped that was the case.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #4 on: 17 November, 2014, 07:02:40 pm »
As above - it really doesn't matter for AUK.

A club is just a collection of like-minded people, so you can form your own club and ask the Membership Sec to add it to the list.

We've got several new clubs that are just collections of people who like riding their bikes a long way that have rather dominated the club championships over the past few years and that's all great, but some people get a little worked up over what is a 'real' club and what isn't.

I have read that thread  ;)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #5 on: 19 November, 2014, 02:26:28 pm »
No need to get worked up! :)
(click to show/hide)

I get a little closer to "worked up" over whether championships of ANY KIND are a good idea.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #6 on: 14 December, 2014, 05:12:22 pm »
FWIW, I'm (probably) riding under this lots banner this year after getting it added to the club list (Cheers MemSec) - http://www.wearvelo.co.uk/