Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 143250 times)

Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #375 on: 08 November, 2018, 12:26:18 pm »
UK Mail/DHL

What a pile of shit.

Message received 31/10/18 advising they'd attempt delivery.

I wasn't in (fair enough). No card was left when I got home, though.

Message received 01/11/18 saying they'd again attempt delivery.

I was in, but no one came, and no one left a card.

I go onto their website, and I was pleased to see that the depot is just around the corner, rather than Bloody Miles Away. But I can't collect it without the delivery card (which they haven't left).

The website takes me round in circles while I try to get it delivered to a local shop. I give up.

A couple of days later, and they haven't attempted to contact me, and I go onto their website again, go round in a few more circles, and eventually send them an email. Automated reply received saying they'd contact me within one working day.

Over a working day later, and having received no reply from UK Mail/DHL, I contact the sender telling them to get the courier to pull their finger out.

Today, I try again, as according to the site my parcel is still at the depot. Buried on the website is a phone number, and after going through the usual rigmarole, an automated voice tells me it's been returned to the sender.

Fucksake.

« Reply #376 on: 10 November, 2018, 10:29:53 pm »
When you deliver my Bluetooth speaker prize (did I mention that I won PopMaster on Friday?) it would be useful if you actually came to the door, rather than just leaving a missed delivery note in the letterbox.  My wife was in the kitchen.  Was it just that you couldn't be bothered to carry it?

Contract staff (more and more common as Christmas approaches) aren't allowed to deliver real parcels (for fear they will steal them), so they are sent out to deliver the 'Sorry we were unable to deliver it' cards instead, and you have to go get it from the nearby/far-away sorting office.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #377 on: 11 November, 2018, 01:47:18 pm »
Has anyone mentioned Postman Pat?

« Reply #378 on: 19 November, 2018, 06:39:47 pm »
Has anyone used Collectplus as a delivery point?
I have sent an item by Hermes and they have a signature from the receiving shop.
The recipient confirms that he has had an email confirming delivery . That email is triggered by the parcel being scanned in but the shop concerned can’t find the parcel.
I don’t see how it’s my problem - BUT this is a flea bay sale and often they side with the buyer.
Any thoughts?

« Reply #379 on: 19 November, 2018, 08:51:29 pm »
Yodel. “Your parcel has been left in the porch”. We don’t have a porch. Left in plain view of the street, outside the front door, open to the elements. Despite neighbours either side being home. Class.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #380 on: 20 November, 2018, 12:38:20 pm »
Has anyone used Collectplus as a delivery point?
I have sent an item by Hermes and they have a signature from the receiving shop.
The recipient confirms that he has had an email confirming delivery . That email is triggered by the parcel being scanned in but the shop concerned can’t find the parcel.
I don’t see how it’s my problem - BUT this is a flea bay sale and often they side with the buyer.
Any thoughts?

Funny you should say that, it appears that eBay has an odd arrangement with Collectplus.

Until a few days ago, I though that CollectPlus was a delivery service, when it arrived at the target you got an email with a barcode to collect.

Mrs Ham bought something off ebay for me as  a surprise, but forgot to log me out of eBay so I got all the notifications. When it hadn't arrived I contacted the seller, who said it had been delivered to the store. Neither Mrs Ham nor I had any email with barcode, so she rocked up at the store and asked if they had anything for her. "eBay?" quoth the assistant, raising his eyebrows at the answer. Came back out with an armload of parcels, looked for Mrs Ham's name, handed it over without any check or electronic tracking. Turns out it was sent second class post, tracked, that's all. Connection with Collect Plus appears as tenuous as sending it to a random shop on a high street.

sounds like there's a bit of a disaster building up.

« Reply #381 on: 20 November, 2018, 02:09:58 pm »
Fortunately for me, eBay have acknowledged to the buyer that the parcel has been delivered to the address that he quoted. They used the tracking number that I had entered on the item sold/ dispatched bit.
The buyer then asked me for the tracking number.  :facepalm:
Does sound like Collectplus operators need to get their act together .

« Reply #382 on: 20 November, 2018, 06:10:00 pm »

Does sound like Collectplus operators need to get their act together .

No, it sounds like CollectPlus and eBay have entered into an agreement is totally impractical and hasn't been thought through.

« Reply #383 on: 21 November, 2018, 07:47:36 am »
I nominate Hermes. They were supposed to have delivered a parcel from Wiggle between
12 and 6 pm on Fri 2nd Nov (that was the time they allocated to me). At 5:52 I heard some
noise outside my house. There was a 'package' addressed for no.72 (about 30 yards from
my house) in my porch. I had to take it to no.72.

By 6 pm my parcel hadn't been delivered. I received a text message from Hermes to say
that they had delivered my Wiggle parcel and to check the parcel number (provided in the
text) on their website.

I checked the Hermes website and saw a photograph of something that appeared to the back
of the headrest in a car. It wasn't the parcel I was expecting. In my opinion, the Hermes
delivery driver attempted to steal my parcel. I managed to contact someone on their chat link
and advised them to look at the picture that was uploaded and stated that it wasn't my
expected parcel. I also complained to Wiggle that their courier of choice had failed to provide
my next-day delivery.

My parcel arrived 24 hours late, and to this date Hermes have not accepted the fact that their
driver failed to deliver my parcel on time and fraudulently uploaded a photo with a gps tag
for my address claiming to have delivered.

Wiggle weren't much help either.

fuzzy

« Reply #384 on: 21 November, 2018, 10:07:11 am »
The joys of online shopping......

ian

« Reply #385 on: 21 November, 2018, 10:18:55 am »
I seem to have taught all our couriers to use the box I put behind the porch (just a bog standard plastic box and sealed lid, large enough to keep an average parcel dry and located out of the view of the street). Other than the incident where the courier went around and get the box, upturned it on the porch steps and used it as a display pedestal for our parcel, of course, but that was a bit of a one-off. I guess we have a limited number of couriers covering the area so we get the same drivers over and over. Previous to this, they always used to take the bloody parcel back to the depot (for some reason never leaving with our neighbour).

I do now have magic cameras that trigger on the driveway and in the porch so I can see what they're up to.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #386 on: 21 November, 2018, 10:26:16 am »
Has anyone mentioned Postman Pat?

Priceless! But don't follow the link unless you have time on your hands!

simonp

« Reply #387 on: 21 November, 2018, 10:50:32 am »
I nominate Hermes.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #388 on: 21 November, 2018, 10:54:08 am »
Hermes, round here at least, seem to sub-contract the last leg to individuals so I guess the quality of service depends on your local driver. Round here ours is very good.

ian

« Reply #389 on: 21 November, 2018, 10:55:49 am »
Hermes, round here at least, seem to sub-contract the last leg to individuals so I guess the quality of service depends on your local driver. Round here ours is very good.

Same here, it's a husband and wife team (I presume it's a franchise thing) and they're chatty when I'm around and know The Box. Which is important, as they seem to bring most of my beer.

Our regular postie seems to bring the RM parcels.

« Reply #390 on: 30 November, 2018, 02:27:25 pm »
Attempting to send faulty item back to manufacturer. They arranged for DHL to collect it today, which was fortunate as I have the day off. Collection window was 9am-2pm. Have they turned up? No. Of course not. I was planning on going to Ikea today, and instead I've wasted the day sitting around waiting for DHL to fail to materialise. >:( (On the plus side, the bathroom's really clean and I did some baking...)

« Reply #391 on: 30 November, 2018, 03:06:46 pm »
Attempting to send faulty item back to manufacturer. They arranged for DHL to collect it today, which was fortunate as I have the day off. Collection window was 9am-2pm. Have they turned up? No. Of course not. I was planning on going to Ikea today, and instead I've wasted the day sitting around waiting for DHL to fail to materialise. >:( (On the plus side, the bathroom's really clean and I did some baking...)

They finally arrived. Now the waiting continues, as UPS are supposed to be delivering a parcel...

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #392 on: 30 November, 2018, 03:17:39 pm »
I had five deliveries yesterday, one by Royal Mail and 4 by DPD, in different vans, at different times. Efficiency in action!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #393 on: 30 November, 2018, 11:40:33 pm »
Amazon purchases in the US of A

Sometimes delivered by one of three services, and sometimes by the Postal Service (cycling nexus: Lance's old sponsor) under arrangements where the delivery service moves it most of the way in their big truck, then hands off to USPS to get it to the delivery point.

Last week: I happened to find a moisture-sensitive package placed atop our mailbox, in the rain.  When tracked, showed that it had been delivered, complete with the delivery person's online photo of where it had been placed: in front of our neighbor's gate.  Now, our mailboxes are either side of said gate, but it's really clear which is ours; why couldn't they figure out which we were, and drive down the long driveway (ooh, scary in the dark), see the sign pointing to the front door (covered place to leave packages) (needed because of packages left all over the place), and leave it there?

Today, while trying to sort out another mis-delivery of the wrong product (separate story, but when things come in flavors, we kind of expect to get the flavor we ordered), my wife learned that Amazon's GPS system had tagged the neighbor's gate as our address.  This would explain why we've received cellphone calls from the more diligent deliverers asking us for the security code for the gate ... Well, it took half an hour for this bastion of all things cyber to fix our address point.

So, don't think the UK has a monopoly on incompetence

« Reply #394 on: 21 December, 2018, 05:44:16 pm »
Argh, Parcelfarce. >:(

My Christmas present to myself (I know, I know :facepalm:) has been sitting in the local depot, apparently, since early Wednesday morning. As it appeared to have been sitting around doing nothing for the best part of three days, I took advantage of a last-day-at-work early finish and went to the depot to try and track it down (it's the other side of town, so a train journey away as I CBA to tackle the festive traffic nonsense with a bike + trailer). On arrival I was told it was out for delivery, but had left late. Sod's law - when the online tracking updated (after I'd left the depot!), I saw that it left the depot at pretty much the same time as I left to catch the train.

Back home, it still hasn't arrived (the window is until 6pm, apparently, though I suspect it may be later than that).

« Reply #395 on: 21 December, 2018, 06:41:26 pm »
FFS!

Having sat in waiting for the delivery, I've just checked the tracking page again: "Your parcel has been returned to our depot following an attempted delivery or a problem locating the address. Please check the tracking below. Our driver will have left a card explaining what to do next where the  delivery has been attempted."

No, the driver has *not* left a card, nor have they tried to deliver. The address is not hard to find.

So, I've wasted several hours of my life and a train fare, and still have no parcel. >:(

ian

« Reply #396 on: 21 December, 2018, 07:30:09 pm »
DPD: 'delivery refused at 1.36pm'

Not by me, it wasn't.

« Reply #398 on: 21 December, 2018, 09:30:33 pm »
DHL.
We got notification of a delivery for when we knew we would be out, so rearranged delivery to one of those locker things.
Said locker was on the North side petrol station on the dual carriageway. Yes - north.
Delivery notification with pin number came for the north side locker.
Go on guess which lockers I eventually found the package in (spoiler - not west, or east)
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

ian

« Reply #399 on: 24 December, 2018, 09:50:56 am »
Despite the sign on the door saying put the parcels in the box behind the porch, DPD man finally arrived 'between 7.30 and 8.30pm' at about 4pm on Saturday afternoon, stood there for a good while puzzling at said sign and then piled it all on the front step and then for some reason ran down the driveway pretending to be an airplane (admittedly I do this). Honestly, he looked like he'd had the entire bottle of Christmas spirit already. One of the main benefits of having security cameras on the drive and porch is that we can watch Courier TV.

Fortunately, it was all there when we finally got home about 10 pm. That said, it was just flowers and stuff, and nothing fun.