Author Topic: Today's SPAM  (Read 124167 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Today's SPAM
« Reply #450 on: 15 September, 2022, 08:23:23 pm »
Subject: Claim Your Hundred Dollar Currys PC World Reward

Eh?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #451 on: 16 September, 2022, 11:30:18 am »
During the past two days from :

0204 538 5967 and

0204 058 9413

One from Carphone Warehouse and the other from UK Phones, both wanting to sell me a cheap
new phone or simm card.

I asked 'Kevin' on the first number, what his surname was? There was a long pause before he
mumbled something that sounded like Smith.

Me to 'Kevin': Aap ka nam Kevin Smith nehi heh. (loosely translated: Your name isn't Kevin Smith. He had a strong south asian accent, so I used a bit of urdu that I remembered from years ago).

Pause on the line then he hangs up.

Today, when invited to buy a cheap mobile phone, I replied that I don't have a mobile phone.
A short pause was followed by the guy hanging up.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #452 on: 21 September, 2022, 07:10:36 pm »
Hi,
My name is Lucinda Futch, I am a financial consultant that can help
you get a non recourse loan ranging from £5million to £5billion.
We charge 2% of the total fund after you have received the fund.
Accepted instruments are BG/SBLC/MTN/LTN/BFM.
Contact me for more information
(spammy email address)

Have a blessed day.
Lucinda
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #453 on: 21 September, 2022, 08:42:06 pm »
Given that I have a relative who runs a fund with that sort of loans in place I am very sure he does not send out emails like that. 😂😂

« Reply #454 on: 14 October, 2022, 08:53:31 am »
Anyone else receive this one from Ukraine? (Most likely not from Ukraine).

Volodymyr Vysochanskyy <VVysochanskyy@pacificwest.com

To: You

Fri 14/10/2022 01:01

Hello

I hope you are doing well? My name is Volodymyr Vysochanskyy, I am an entrepreneur formerly based in Kyiv, Ukraine. I got your email address through the Chamber of Commerce while searching for reputable companies in your country.

On February 25, 2022, Russian fighter aircraft bombarded central Kyiv, in an organized attempt to capture the Kyiv Hydroelectric plant located in Vyshhorod, a city in Kyiv. During the devastating assault, several civilians and military men including my wife and 2 children lost their lives. After the tragic incidence, I eventually fled the country with other survivors to the United Kingdom as a refugee to seek asylum.

Several months ago, I had a premonition of possible invasion of Ukraine by Russian forces. Based on my financial advisor's recommendation on how to mitigate financial losses, I deposited the sum of US$25M in a Private Safekeeping Facility in Istanbul, Turkey as a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) The secured amount was genuinely acquired through inheritance and domestic investments in Kyiv.

However, due to the economic impact of BREXIT, exorbitant taxes imposed on functional investments in the United Kingdom and my restrictive asylum status, I need your support and expertise to acquire a low-risk investment under your supervision and management in your region.

Please advise me if you are interested in this proposal. I would relocate to your country once the investment is properly set up as discussed.
Thank you.

Volodymyr Vysochanskyy.

« Reply #455 on: 14 October, 2022, 08:57:47 am »
No

Looks like you are the first to be offered this incredible opportunity. I urge you to seize it immediately.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #456 on: 21 October, 2022, 10:45:04 pm »
Elon Musk has just sent Lt. Col. Larrington (retd.) an e-mail urging him to take note of “Elon mush Investment Apart from Tesla!!!”

Well, that's me convinced.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #457 on: 02 November, 2022, 04:34:23 pm »
Good afternoon Jaded!

May my leadership team share the details with you given that we haven't heard from you yet and they just informed me of an editorial request that would be a good fit with what you're doing?

I collaborate with a variety of British CEOs and business owners, including both active and retired "Dragons," but with businesses of various sizes and in a variety of sectors.

I think what you're doing is really newsworthy, and the media can help you sell your work to clients and partners.

Because we only get paid when you are published, we are investing in you rather than the other way around.

Please allow me to provide you with some information about the magazines that would love to publish you.

CC'ing my colleague Michelle

Speak soon!
Deme

Sent from my iPhone

::-)

« Reply #458 on: 04 November, 2022, 07:59:40 pm »
Ostensibly from the Nationwide...

'we noticed you haven't activated your hsbc key'  :facepalm: (and it was in lower case as well)
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #459 on: 05 November, 2022, 04:29:08 pm »
From a David Zheng at an iCloud.com address:

“Please may I have your attention?”

We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #460 on: 08 November, 2022, 12:03:44 am »
From a David Zheng at an iCloud.com address:

“Please may I have your attention?”

To which the reply is obviously...

"Full and Undivided"

« Reply #461 on: 08 November, 2022, 02:03:07 pm »
Just had a phone call from "Sky" along the lines of "We have overcharged you by £220."
Me "Great, pay it back into the account it came out of".
Them  "Can we have details of the account".
Me "Why, you must have all the details if you took the money out, just use them to pay it back".
They hung up  .......  ;D

I don't even have a "Sky" account.

Luck .........  ;D

« Reply #462 on: 12 November, 2022, 08:32:05 am »
Presumably some people fall for it, or they wouldn't try it.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #463 on: 12 November, 2022, 08:44:00 am »
from microsoftsubscription168385@gmail.com

Thank you for renewal of services

Here are your invoice details

Product

Microsoft Defender Protection

Description

1 Year subscription (till : 25-10-2022)

Quantity

Amount

$399.00
tags

Dear Customer

This email contain detailed information of your recent purchase with us of Microsoft defender it helps you protect your data in your computer for more details please contact our customer care representative.
If you did not make this purchase or want to cancel subscription please contact our customer care representative within 72 hour of receiving this email. They will help you get refund for the purchase.
Thank you
customer care representative : +1 (845) 315-6957

Copyright @ Microsoft  Corporation, Redmond WA, 98052 USA

No, I shan't be phoning that number...
$399? Wow! That's bloody expensive.  ;)
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #464 on: 15 December, 2022, 05:31:28 pm »
Sent: 15 December 2022 12:42
Subject: Quest Recognition.

Your email address has won US$1,000,000.00 in the Canadian Lottery Online Lucky Program held on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 to encourage/promote globalization of internet and online draw worldwide. Your email address drew to the winning numbers 07-08-13-20-25-26-48 Bonus 36, which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category. An overview of how OLG is modernizing its games and products at Charitable Gaming Centers across the whole world. OLG is an agency responsible for province-wide lottery games and gaming facilities. Since 1975, OLG has provided nearly $40 billion to the Province and the people of Ontario and beyond. OLG's annual payments to the Province have helped support health care; education, online gaming, research, prevention and treatment of problem gambling and in all enhancing community and individual through online gaming.

Mr. Don McCabe.
Don McCabe Consultants.
N°12 Sturdee Avenue, Suite 301
Johannesburg 2196, South Africa
Tele: + 27-792-197-689.
Tele/Fax No: + 27 11-3361-974.
Emails:  dmccabeconsultans@aim.com

You are advised to send the following below information’s to our agent in South Africa (Mr. Don McCabe) to facilitate the release of your winning fund to you.

More details enclosed.

(1) Ticket No: 6460DGH.
(2) Serial No: 0909AOB09.
(3) Batch No: 2GH267XZZ1-5-42.
(4) Reference No: 9527BCV-J6-0-0-8.
(5) Winning No: 07-08-13-20-25-26-48 Bonus 36.

1. Full Names...............
2. Country/Address..........
3. Telephone/Fax Number.....
4. Marital Status...........
5. Occupation...............
6. Date of Birth............
7. Amount Won...............
8. Winning Email............

Sincerely,
Mrs. Frances Lefebvre,
Toronto Prize Centre
20 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ONM5G 2C2 Canada.
Tele:  (613) 482-4751& Fax:  (250) 828-5631.
Web: modernolg.caEmail: olgg@torontomail.com

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #465 on: 06 January, 2023, 09:17:10 am »
Important notice about an upcoming debit to your bank account.

Hi Jaded,

On 8 July, 2022 we missed to capture some transaction(s) from your PayPal account. Due to an error, we were unable to collect these funds from your account at that time. The collection from your account will now take place in the next 4 business days.

We have fixed the issue, and it will not impact any future payments. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

Here’s the impacted transaction details:

Date: 08-Jul-22
Transaction: 21089957576617575
Amount: 8000 GBP

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Well, that looks all legitimate!   

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #466 on: 07 January, 2023, 02:17:17 pm »
Faecebook emailed an address not associated with my account to ask if I was having trouble logging in.  It's not a general scam email as they know my first name (which isn't part of the email address they used).

I was having trouble remembering my password for this new phone on Thursday, so either:

1.they are using some creepy tracking methods to find my real email address, or

2.years ago, I may have used that email address to open a Faecebook account and then abandoned it, and coincidentally someone has been trying to hack into it this week - but I don't think I've ever given them anything other than a burner address, because they are untrustworthy scum.

If 1. is correct, I am deleting my account forthwith.  Thoughts?  I'll miss the Moulton group but that's all.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #467 on: 07 January, 2023, 04:28:37 pm »
I think that phishing emails are sent to known email addresses (with attached details from some breach of details elsewhere) and some of them work because they are email addresses that are used for the login being phished for b

« Reply #468 on: 08 January, 2023, 03:08:42 pm »
I think that phishing emails are sent to known email addresses (with attached details from some breach of details elsewhere) and some of them work because they are email addresses that are used for the login being phished for b

Many years ago I moved onto Linux, the spam E-Mails then dried up and it became very rare and unusual for me to get one, thats continued up to now, and hopefully it will continue into the future.

« Reply #469 on: 08 January, 2023, 04:08:44 pm »
Rogerzilla - I'd guess at it being spam somehow. Only forensics on the email would truly reveal if it really did come from Facebook. I reckon that someone has got your first name + email and has somehow tied that into your Facebook usage.

My login for FB is a free email address that I picked up years ago - very rarely used for anything else (just to keep the webmail active to prevent the account being deleted) and I've never, ever had any spam on that address, nor has my main Google email address ever been spammed / contacted by Facebook.
On that basis - sample of one - I'd like to suggest FB are innocent.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #470 on: 04 February, 2023, 06:47:52 pm »
I was today invited to 'Grow Your Cock Naturally in Less Than Six Weeks'
Hmmm….

« Reply #471 on: 04 February, 2023, 06:56:45 pm »
Good luck with that Helly!

A few weeks ago I was delighted to be invited to learn the 5 bedtime habits of 95% of people who live to be 120!

Given I’m an actuary, I was a little bit concerned about their data sources

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #472 on: 04 February, 2023, 07:54:25 pm »
Quote from: hellymedic
I was today invited to 'Grow Your Cock Naturally in Less Than Six Weeks'
Hmmm….
Eh. Who has the room for a chicken farm these days?
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #473 on: 05 February, 2023, 01:24:25 pm »
For the past couple of months I have been receiving spam emails from an email address like this:

c3jQsWJFMjMaander@yourdaily.live

Derivatives of the domain email address always have between 10 - 12 random characters plus Maander@yourdaily.live

I always forward them to report@phishing.gov.uk and hope they can help to put an end to them.

« Reply #474 on: 22 February, 2023, 08:19:29 pm »
NEW: Rapid Access Mounts [60% OFF +FREE S&H!]

I just got something in the warehouse you're gonna like, fboab:

It's a tactical handgun magnet that allows you to mount your weapon to any surface...

It's so bad@ss, we named it The RAM (Rapid Access Mount).

I'm so pumped about it that I'm knocking 60% OFF and giving you free shipping today.

Secure this bad boy to desks, tables, dashboards, etc. and instantly you have a ultra-secure quick draw mount.

So your weapon is ready to rock at the drop of a hat.

Plus, the RAM's innovative design allows you to rack the slide discreetly with one hand!

That way you can store your weapon safely and still have lightning quick finger to trigger times!

Grab your RAM before I run out 60% OFF + Free S&H

SIGN OFF

P.S. These mounts are so strong they allow you to rack the slide while it's still mounted under your dash/desk!

I have no words.