Author Topic: CityNavigator maps disaster  (Read 1339 times)

CityNavigator maps disaster
« on: 15 May, 2012, 03:58:59 pm »
After wasting lots of bandwidth on this estimed group I finally decided on a CityNav SD, and just won an ebay bid for an unopened CityNav SD from a private seller with a good ebay history and 100% rating.

Opened it today when it arrived and found an empty SD case inside the appently unopened Garmin cardboard slip case.
Looks as if either Garmin forgot to put one in, or some devious soul in the store removed it and reclosed the slip case before the ebay seller bought it.

Waiting anxiously to hear if he still has the original receipt so that he can approach his original supplier.

Looks like good old paper maps for next week's Dordogne trip :)

--
Bryn

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Re: CityNavigator maps disaster
« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2012, 04:11:00 pm »
It's the seller's responsibility to supply the advertised goods even when they've been an honest victim of fraud, so you're entitled to a refund straight away.  The seller can deal with the original supplier and the authorities in their own time.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2012, 05:10:48 pm »
Opened it today when it arrived and found an empty SD case inside the appently unopened Garmin cardboard slip case.

Just checking, are you sure it's empty?

The City Navigator maps are delivered on a (tiny) microSD card that is lodged into a blank looking SD card which acts as a caddy/reader. This confused my friend once who thought he'd been sent the wrong thing!

Shaun

« Reply #3 on: 15 May, 2012, 08:43:50 pm »
Have now spoken to the seller and he has found the missing object (long story!).   Phew!

Bryn