Author Topic: AAA points (retrospectively) for DIY by GPS?  (Read 1327 times)

Flâneur

• ♫ P*nctured bicycle on a hillside desolate...
AAA points (retrospectively) for DIY by GPS?
« on: 18 August, 2022, 01:05:58 pm »
So I suddenly find myself within a (relatively long) stone's throw of 50 AAA pts for the season.

I haven't been claiming/asking for AAA points for my DIYs. One from July had at least 3 points, I reckon.

If I try to raise this retrospectively, will I (understandably) be told to go forth & multiply?

Notfromrugby

Re: AAA points (retrospectively) for DIY by GPS?
« Reply #1 on: 18 August, 2022, 01:07:34 pm »
Yes, I think you will... but it's always worth asking...  ;D

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #2 on: 18 August, 2022, 02:00:31 pm »
I normally get a note from my DIY organiser that the route does qualify for AAA an they have forwarded for review or does not qualify, but I might wish to challenge this.
Things may work differently where you are.

If you ask, the worst that can happen is that they say no, and you are exactly where you are if you didn't ask.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #3 on: 18 August, 2022, 04:58:04 pm »
As long as you get them to me before the end of season (in a results sense, about 2 weeks after the official end) then it's not a problem to add them on retrospectively, but as noted the DIY orgs should have done this already automatically for anything obviously hilly - rides that only contain partial AAA tend to miss their attention so best to forward direct to me - aaa @ audax .  uk. I always run a backlog of a few weeks due to reasons, and bit more than that currently due to LEL controlling duties. You can always triage them first via http://aukgis.frrt.org/ if you want to check they are AAA-worthy
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

Flâneur

« Reply #4 on: 18 August, 2022, 06:53:23 pm »
Thanks for that, Ivan, very useful link. According to that my DIY 300 values even better than I thought it did at first glance, 4.25pts. I’ll check my other DIYs then send on  :thumbsup:

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #5 on: 25 October, 2022, 03:19:49 pm »
@Ivan what's the backlog like just now? 50 a few weeks ago that I asked my local DIY org to pass on, but currently paranoid as it knocks me past 25 AAA points for the season and well cloth badge!

« Reply #6 on: 25 October, 2022, 03:50:41 pm »
Question re that Points calculator....

Is it necessary to check the 'resample' checkbox in order to get a more accurate calculation. When checked, a route might be 0.25 pts less so, is this check box always checked when the ride is confirmed by the AAA man, the man that can?

Flâneur

« Reply #7 on: 26 October, 2022, 09:48:38 am »
@FifeingEejit I got the AAA pts referenced upthread a week or two ago - so maybe looking at 3/4 wk backlog? Thanks to @Ivan

@dynamo yes, that is what I was advised

« Reply #8 on: 26 October, 2022, 11:52:46 am »
Yes, the resample button should always be checked for AAA assessment otherwise it just uses whatever values are in the file.

FifeingEejit, you are now 6th in the queue, expect to get your AAA by the end of the week.

I'm planning on taking an extended sabbatical from the beginning of next year which should allow me time to finish off all of this and document it properly, it is a bit of a struggle currently with my work-life (im)balance to keep on top of it all.
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #9 on: 27 October, 2022, 01:05:46 am »
Cool cheers, I get a bit of existential dread while waiting for stuff to go on my record!

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk