Author Topic: [HAMR] Steve's tracker page is here  (Read 42619 times)

MarkA

Re: Steve's tracker page is here
« Reply #25 on: 08 January, 2015, 08:11:36 am »
Previously somewhere on here was a link to the blue dot page as apposed to the tracking page.  The blue dot page gave a much better idea of where Steve is as you could zoom in very clearly on satellite view  (but did not show the track) .  That page no longer seems to be working which is a shame.

« Reply #26 on: 08 January, 2015, 08:02:42 pm »
I was enjoying the tracker but now the distance has gone I haven't looked at it since.   Where can I see his distance please?

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #27 on: 08 January, 2015, 09:07:05 pm »
On the tracker -- daily distance there now -- cumulative was just getting further and further out.
Strava is the official measuring system
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #28 on: 08 January, 2015, 09:26:57 pm »
Excellent.  Thanks.

What is Steve's name on Strava please?   Just wanna make sure I get the right chap.

« Reply #29 on: 08 January, 2015, 09:36:38 pm »
Ah, it's fine - I've found him.   No 's' on his surname.   :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #30 on: 09 January, 2015, 12:01:31 am »

« Reply #31 on: 09 January, 2015, 07:58:31 am »
The 'where is Steve' pin seems to have reappeared on the tracker.  It seemed to have gone awol since the distance covered was removed - at least it disappeared for me.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #32 on: 09 January, 2015, 09:01:34 am »
I see Steve has been through Hardwick and Quarrendon, nr Aylesbury.

Good luck from the Lees.  ;)

No visit to Hartwell yet.

« Reply #33 on: 11 January, 2015, 07:50:50 am »
Strava seems easier to assess Steves wonderful progress at the end of each day,even though it does not give instantaneous details during the ride.I have not found The track leaders much help.

« Reply #34 on: 12 January, 2015, 08:33:45 pm »
I trust team TG are keeping safe and secure offsite backups of all the .fit/gpx files with HR data intact

Surely we've got a cyclist contact within GCHQ?  They'll have backups of everything.

« Reply #35 on: 12 January, 2015, 09:08:22 pm »
I trust team TG are keeping safe and secure offsite backups of all the .fit/gpx files with HR data intact

Surely we've got a cyclist contact within GCHQ?  They'll have backups of everything.

Of course they have. They know TG's inside leg measurement!

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #36 on: 12 January, 2015, 11:32:39 pm »
Of course GCHQ are interested. The Russians are also taking an interest in Steve and are intending to claim his achievement as their own.

Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #37 on: 19 January, 2015, 12:57:19 pm »
Interestingly when you "refresh location" the "status" doesn't update so the days mileage is not recalculated.

« Reply #38 on: 20 January, 2015, 06:25:25 pm »
None of the trackers are updating at the monent, which is a tad inconvenient!

Anyone know what's going on?
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #39 on: 20 January, 2015, 07:21:55 pm »
I have Steve doing 18.2 mph two mins ago.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #40 on: 20 January, 2015, 10:24:25 pm »
Ivan's Clever SCIENCE has Steve's Google distance rather higher than the SPOT Tracker, which you'd expect, but has Tarzan's SPOT the thick end of fifty miles more than the Chocolate Factory's ???
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

simonp

« Reply #41 on: 20 January, 2015, 10:31:08 pm »
I’ve noticed that the track reduces in granularity for later samples. Means some detours Steve took today vanished - so more of an underestimate later on.

« Reply #42 on: 20 January, 2015, 10:56:12 pm »
Ivan's Clever SCIENCE has Steve's Google distance rather higher than the SPOT Tracker, which you'd expect, but has Tarzan's SPOT the thick end of fifty miles more than the Chocolate Factory's ???

Yes, just noticed this for Tarzan, looks like I am running into Google's usage limits for their directions service, but my (sloppy) code doesn't check the return codes, will have to see what I can do.
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #43 on: 28 January, 2015, 07:46:39 am »
I'm finding the tracker is causing script performance issues in Firefox, perhaps because of plotting a month's worth of routing. I've swapped to Ivan's tracker which is better.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #44 on: 09 February, 2015, 09:31:08 pm »
Apologies if this has been discussed somewhere I've missed. Does anybody understand the reason for the discrepancy between the "race flow" graph on http://trackleaders.com/oneyeartimetrial15 and the accumulated miles on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xz2QyYN6S5ve5X5lvNNwLDb4J8sEek1EOuE7qACqDbQ/pubhtml?gid=944055483&single=true

The graph seems to understate Steve's and overstate Kurt's miles.

red marley

« Reply #45 on: 09 February, 2015, 09:45:00 pm »
Is it possible that it is picking up Kurt's vehicle transfers? Day 24 for Kurt looks decidedly odd with no sleep stop showing. You might expect a bit of under estimation for Steve as he does more wiggly routes and so will be underestimated by the track polling at 5 minute intervals.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #46 on: 14 February, 2015, 04:42:33 pm »
http://trackleaders.com/oneyeartimetrial15i.php?name=Steve_Abraham

and this is an excellent alternative quick view of Steve's position

http://audaxclubhackney.co.uk/tg.html

also useful

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bjt.yearrecordtracker.app
This week the official page has become hopelessly slow to load. (Chrome or opera on Android)

Whereas the ACH page loads as fast as any Google map. Odd.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #47 on: 14 February, 2015, 04:54:39 pm »
I've not looked at the official,page since Ivan unleashed his Clever SCIENCE on an unsuspecting world but, yes, it does take ages.  I expect it's loading the data for the whole year coz it also takes an age to launch for IronOx.

At some point it'll take so long to load that it'll be unable to keep up in real time ;D
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #48 on: 14 February, 2015, 06:41:42 pm »
The Year Record Tracker app on Android is pretty quick to display results on my phone.

Agree with others that the standard app is very slow - much slower on my tablet than on the desktop for some reason.

Bryn

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #49 on: 17 February, 2015, 09:13:46 am »
I noticed today that according to the tracker, Steve’s moving average speed has just gone up from 16.1 to 16.2.
Out of interest, I took a look at Kurt’s tracker.  His is only showing an average moving speed of 14.5.
Surely one of those figures has to be wrong.  I would expect Kurt to moving much faster than Steve.
I assume the average moving speed means the average since the riders started at the beginning of the year?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.