Author Topic: [HAMR] TG is not alone...  (Read 2151 times)

macnark

• Cake and Tea solves all.
Re: TG is not alone...
« Reply #1 on: 04 April, 2015, 08:33:18 am »
Visited my grandad to find him in the workshop with his false teeth in the vice, going at them with a file, muttering " ... bloody dentists dont know anything about teeth ..."  He was happy with the results, though, so all ended well :-) 

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2 on: 04 April, 2015, 08:40:31 am »
Enquired re these kits at our local chemist's: unknown in France.

Reckon they're OK as a stopgap (har har) but AFAIK fillings are usually lost by herpes caries creeping round the sides, and using DIY repeatedly is just allowing the rot to work away underneath.

Remember that lovely Dara Ó Briein bit about "one one side we have Dr. X, a dentist with 25 years study and practice, and on the other side we have Barry, who removes his own teeth with a bit of string and a door".  Potocki dentisty. ;)
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3 on: 04 April, 2015, 11:08:46 am »
Dentek kits are listed on my Sainsbury's online site, so it would be easy to order one for 'first aid' uses.
I considered doing this when partner's tooth snapped.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #4 on: 04 April, 2015, 11:18:55 am »
I've used one of those kits. Definitely temporary. I'm not sure it lasted the weekend, and as has been said above, the decay going on underneath on the unclean but protected surface doesn't bear thinking about.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #5 on: 04 April, 2015, 07:25:02 pm »
Great, article mentions people buying and selling unfinished courses of antibiotics  :facepalm:

We are all doomed, Superbugs Will Eat Us All!!!!!!!!!
" One Cup Of Tea Is Never Enough But 2 Is One Too Many " - John Shuttleworth

Ben T

« Reply #6 on: 05 April, 2015, 03:02:58 pm »