Author Topic: [HAMR] "WHIP" the HAM'R  (Read 28025 times)

Re: "WHIP" the HAM'R
« Reply #25 on: 20 February, 2016, 10:25:13 am »
Of course, the most amazing part of this whole endeavour is I never had the Whip down as a day over 30.  ;D

Just as a US liquid gallon is 2/3rds of an imperial gallon, it would make sense if US years are similarly proportioned.   I reckon this puts Alicia at about 33 or 34 real years old.    ;)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #26 on: 20 February, 2016, 11:01:57 am »
Allez Alicia!
Getting there...

Psychler

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
  • 33.2 miles from Steeple Bumpstead
« Reply #27 on: 20 February, 2016, 12:36:52 pm »
...I never had the Whip down as a day over 30.  ;D

You old smoothie!
I'm gonna limp to the pub and drink 'til the rest of me is as numb as my arse.

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #28 on: 20 February, 2016, 01:31:52 pm »
Good luck Whip

Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 571 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

« Reply #29 on: 20 February, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »
Of course, the most amazing part of this whole endeavour is I never had the Whip down as a day over 30.  ;D

Just as a US liquid gallon is 2/3rds of an imperial gallon, it would make sense if US years are similarly proportioned.   I reckon this puts Alicia at about 33 or 34 real years old.    ;)

Pedant hat in place  ;D, it is Just over 4/5ths or about 0.83 imp gallons  :thumbsup:  But i'm not going to equate that to age or looks, oh no.

« Reply #30 on: 20 February, 2016, 05:25:28 pm »
What fantastic news!!  Wishing you all the very best of luck.  Will Kurt be in the RV shouting "don't forget your blinky!"

At least you won't have to take time off to get married!  Can you also please let me know how you stay looking so young - I was truly shocked when I saw your form!!

I'm sure you'll give this record a huge whipping

« Reply #31 on: 20 February, 2016, 07:24:47 pm »
All the very best on your attempt Alicia  :thumbsup: Im looking forward to the story unfolding.
Eddington Number 75

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #32 on: 20 February, 2016, 07:42:26 pm »
Ooh, the HAM'R* goes on and on giving! This has been an exciting 14 months already. I was loving watching Kajsa's efforts (and especially her videos), but this will add more spice to 2016-7. Go Alicia!

*Yes, I know Kajsa's not doing HAM'R officially, but you know what I mean.

« Reply #33 on: 21 February, 2016, 04:40:34 pm »
This is such brilliant news. And what a great moment in history it would be to see the men's and women's record holders stand together. The last time that happened was at a race track near Paddington in May 1940.

« Reply #34 on: 21 February, 2016, 07:08:21 pm »
Even more special considering they are husband and wife.

« Reply #35 on: 21 February, 2016, 08:27:35 pm »
Excellent news - good luck, Alicia!

« Reply #36 on: 21 February, 2016, 08:58:32 pm »

Pedant hat in place  ;D, it is Just over 4/5ths or about 0.83 imp gallons  :thumbsup:  But i'm not going to equate that to age or looks, oh no.

Yeah, I did bend teh numbers slightly, for effect.    ;)

« Reply #37 on: 22 February, 2016, 12:47:13 pm »
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #38 on: 22 February, 2016, 05:55:15 pm »
So finally Kurt is going to know what it's like to spend a year driving a camper van. That's what we call gender equality!  All the best to both of you!

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #39 on: 22 February, 2016, 06:36:16 pm »
But will he seek to emulate Alicia or use the cruise control?

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #40 on: 22 February, 2016, 06:54:24 pm »
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #41 on: 22 February, 2016, 08:10:07 pm »
But will he seek to emulate Alicia or use the cruise control?

I think he'll have to use the crew's control

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #42 on: 22 February, 2016, 09:45:12 pm »
She's only doing it to add a few chapters to the book. ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #43 on: 24 February, 2016, 02:17:30 pm »
She's only doing it to add a few chapters to the book. ;)

Damn, you're onto me.
Years of events and Kurt has never been on a support crew. How much support will I really need? Haha, this could be fun... bwhahahaha... O:-)

Thanks again to Citizenfish for another great book!!!!

BTW, don't forget your blinkie!
The best thing I ever did was pick you as my crew. The best thing I ever did was pick you as my rider.

« Reply #44 on: 24 February, 2016, 05:18:04 pm »
Couldn't resist it when I heard you were thinking of popping over.  Like Kurt I packed in my job for a year to write that one

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #45 on: 26 February, 2016, 10:11:05 pm »
All the best Alicia!

We shall all be giving you our support here on the forum, I'm sure.
Embrace your inner Fred.

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #46 on: 26 February, 2016, 10:15:42 pm »
Embrace your inner Fred.

orraloon

• I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard
« Reply #47 on: 01 March, 2016, 06:57:59 pm »
This posted on Fb today;  revving up...

"Cyclasana Balanced Fitness - AKA Coach Kurt is very happy with our first testing session. Our goal before announcing the start day for Alicia's attempt is to make sure her fueling and recovery are working correctly. To this end we are doing two test sessions: the first with 3 centuries in a row, which we have just completed and the second with 4 centuries in a row. Alicia is taking a day off today and the second session will run from Wednesday - Saturday. If all goes according to plan we announce Saturday night a start date of March 26. - Kurt"

orraloon

• I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard
« Reply #48 on: 14 March, 2016, 10:08:17 am »
Whip looks to be struggling with knee issues in her training.

For those who don't access her Fbook posts, this appeared yesterday:

"Anyone who has had or knows anything about knee issues with the symptoms being sharp pain above, below and behind the kneecap - please comment. The problem is only while riding, especially after climbing."

which appeared after this earlier extract:

"...Kurt was great to stay with me throughout the entire ride (he usually takes off with the fast kids). I was good for about 30 miles keeping up a 18- 20+ mph pace, but then the knee pain flared up. It got worse and worse which reflected on any power even when spinning. My speed usually drops after two hours of riding with him anyways. At a snails pace, Kurt stayed with me. If I dropped under 10 mph climbing he would put his hand on my back and help me up the hills even when I didn't want help. He said it gave him an extra workout... whatever. The sharp pain in my knees become unbearable and I would have to stop for a few minutes. My fear is blowing them up. The pain would subside and I'd have a temporary burst of energy. I made it to the end (less 10 miles because we made a wrong turn). I really need to get this sorted out professionally before it turns into an injury. ..."

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #49 on: 14 March, 2016, 08:39:02 pm »
How much ridding did Whip do in the last year? Three and then four 100 miles rides is tough for anyone (except a select few) it sounds like an overuse injury. I sometime get knee pains if I have not ridden very much and then do a long ride. Have to settle back into normal daily rhythm and then increase mileage again.

My body does not like quick increase in mileage.

BB
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.