Author Topic: UCI XC World Cup at Dalby Forest, Yorkshire  (Read 1813 times)

UCI XC World Cup at Dalby Forest, Yorkshire
« on: 07 February, 2010, 03:14:05 pm »
Is anyone else planning to go to this (23rd-25th April)? I'm hoping to get a place in the Citizen's Race on the Saturday but the website has been saying that registration details will be posted soon since before Christmas  ???

I'm hoping for a great weekend of top quality racing. There's a 10% discount on spectator passes for BC members.

http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/mtbworld-2010

Re: UCI XC World Cup at Dalby Forest, Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: 20 March, 2010, 08:10:05 am »
Entries for the Dalby Dare event i.e. riding the world cup course, plus a decent part of the other trails, are now open. Seems a bit steep at £32, but that includes a weekend spectator pass, which costs around £15 on its own.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2 on: 23 April, 2010, 09:49:29 pm »
Although I'm staying at home with the littly, the eldest cub plus his dad plus my mate and her two are off to watch on Sunday - I somehow managed to get donated a free family ticket, which meant that we could justify the cost of hiring a car for the weekend to get them there!  First  car rental that we've indulged in since we flogged the old banger we had and became car-free once more, about 7 months ago.  And because it's a weekend hire, we're probably off to the seaside tomorrow too!

« Reply #3 on: 26 April, 2010, 06:26:51 pm »
Did you enjoy it?

The course was way more technical than I imagined it to be. Worry Gill certainly lived up to it's name! I've managed to add some decorative damage to my shin and thigh, which will help to remind me that I wasn't always a roadie  :thumbsup:

I thought that the event overall was excellent and very well organised. The men's race went to the wire in a Cavendish-Haussler San-Remo style sprint and was won by only a slightly larger margin. I believe there is coverage on one of the satellite channels this Thursday.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #4 on: 26 April, 2010, 10:18:52 pm »
I didn't go, but dearly_beloved, eldest CrinklyCub and the family that they took with them had a great day - they were all jiggered by the time they got home though!  CrinklyCub's mate was far more interested in the motorbikes that the proper ones, but he's an 8 year old petrolhead...

And CrinkyCub 'won' a drinks bottle from one of the male competitors who apparently clearly expected them to know who he was.  Some post-event googlage leads us to believe that this was probably the italian chap who finished 10th.  Before going to bed tonight the boy asked if he could use his new special bottle for his packed lunch to school tomorrow :)

« Reply #5 on: 29 April, 2010, 08:11:50 am »