Author Topic: LEL History.  (Read 6646 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: LEL History.
« Reply #25 on: 12 February, 2013, 08:05:39 pm »
It was indeed David Stevens. He ended up in hospital in Gainsborough and took far longer than expected to cycle back to Thorne from there after he was discharged.

I see he was on the 2001 photo upthread. He's the chap closest to, and immediately in front of, the level crossing barrier.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #26 on: 12 February, 2013, 08:11:16 pm »
Who is the rider at the front in the KoM jersey?

« Reply #27 on: 12 February, 2013, 08:40:56 pm »
The one and only Ricki Goode.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #28 on: 12 February, 2013, 08:41:14 pm »
Who is the rider at the front in the KoM jersey?

Ricki Goode.
See upthread.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #29 on: 19 February, 2017, 09:14:23 pm »
hellymedic on January 08, 2013, 06:58:37 PM ยป

1997 Started and finished at Thorne Rugby Club.   I have 35mm photos somewhere.

I am sure you will remember the incident when the police came round about 1 a.m saying they had a rider in Gainsborough (?)  hospital who didn't know who he was or where he was going.    The same rider then discharged himself from the hospital and then "got lost" on the way back to Thorne Rugby Club and gave me a couple of the most stressful hours I've ever had, I had visions of him being in one of the drainage ditches.   Fortunately he turned up after about three hours having missed the turn in Epworth and coming back through Goole, I think.   They do say helping is harder than riding, it can certainly be more stressful.   

I note that rider is in the photo of 2001 starters at the level crossing upthread, unless I'm badly mistaken...

« Reply #30 on: 28 February, 2017, 07:17:40 am »
Another episode 0f LEL 2005. I don't seem to have been any more cheerful while narrating it, but I do get out the hilly bit.
More nostalgia of course.

« Reply #31 on: 06 March, 2017, 10:01:41 pm »
I was always happier when I didn't have to edit lots of material, so the stretch from Castle Howard to lee Valley was easier, as there was only my own footage to deal with. It also feels more like a proper ride when things go wrong, and there's more strange stuff.
More nostalgia of course, with those we no longer share the road with.

« Reply #32 on: 13 March, 2017, 06:51:36 am »
The final part of my 2005 LEL film. We see the ride from a Russian perspective, and learn of the role of patches and pasta spirals in LEL. Plus some Kung Fu Fighting.