Author Topic: Memory Map - route profile 'gone'  (Read 3351 times)

Tiger

Memory Map - route profile 'gone'
« on: 03 April, 2009, 01:17:06 pm »
Really annoying - I use the 'profile' button a lot to try and devise ways to minimise nasty climbing. But now when I click on 'show profile' nothing happens. Any ideas - is there a simple explanation? I have every audax I ever did plotted on MM and don't want to 'reinstall' for fear of losing e.g the Elenith and LEL routes for thois year which took ages.
Advice?

Re: Memory Map - route profile 'gone'
« Reply #1 on: 03 April, 2009, 01:31:20 pm »
When you say "I have every audax I ever did plotted on MM" surely you don't mean they are all sitting "on the map"?  If you have saved ("exported" according to MM, which seems incapable of using standard terms)them, reinstalling shouldn't do them any harm.

Though hopefully someone will be along with a less radical solution.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #2 on: 03 April, 2009, 01:32:37 pm »
Just to say - we probably have different versions of Memory Map - but I don't have a 'profile' button, nor any menu option to 'show profile'.

The only way I know, to see a profile, is to right-click on a Track or Route.  If its a Route, I can then simply select 'Profile' from the pop-up menu.  If its a Track, then its 'Profiles' and then either 'Elev' or 'GPS'.

Is it this right-click functionality that has disappeared?

BTW you can save out all your plotted routes, as a single file if you wish, using menu Overlay, Export All. 
This is just like doing a 'Save As'.  Then you could, if you needed to, reinstall and simply Overlay, Import to get your routes back.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #3 on: 03 April, 2009, 01:35:20 pm »
The only time I can't get a profile is when I use the London City Centre - and then it simply says "No elevation profile for this map". A shame the Memory-map support forum closed.
A shitter and a giggler.

Tiger

« Reply #4 on: 03 April, 2009, 01:37:28 pm »
Yes - it is the pop-up profile when in a route that has gone. All the other functions seem to work just fine.
I used to save the routes as files but what I found was that they seemed to be linked to teh main Memory Map somehow - when I came back later top the sored file  I would find whole routes missing.

« Reply #5 on: 03 April, 2009, 02:55:09 pm »
Do you still get a height in the info box on the cursor? If not, you'll need to re-import the map file to 'remind' MM that it has height as well. I had this happen with a v old version, but MM 2005 seems to have solved this.

Rob S

« Reply #6 on: 03 April, 2009, 04:17:25 pm »
Yes - it is the pop-up profile when in a route that has gone. All the other functions seem to work just fine.
I used to save the routes as files but what I found was that they seemed to be linked to teh main Memory Map somehow - when I came back later top the sored file  I would find whole routes missing.

So do you mean that when you click on Profile the profile box appears but the profile appears as completely flat? Mine does that from time to time....especially when the route crosses over to a new area of map. Also having a lot of routes on the map really does slow down various elements of the software....not least Properties.....it takes 5 minutes for that box to pop up with 65+ routes on the map.
Your best bet is to try the forum on Memry Map's website.

cc93

« Reply #7 on: 03 April, 2009, 09:19:48 pm »
The elevation data in later versions is contained in seperate (.qed) files - check that you still have these loaded via the referesh map list option. Sometimes it helps to remind MM about which map it's using via Right click/Same Scale Map.

What others said, export your routes/tracks (and back-up the files somewhere else!) - they are *.mno files