Author Topic: Bought any photography stuff today?  (Read 169157 times)

Re: Bought any photography stuff today?
« Reply #900 on: 06 April, 2018, 10:20:58 pm »
I got a Benbo 1 tripod, no head, for £15 inc fares, but it took 3 hr to pick up.
And a Benbo Trekker mini ball head, £7 posted.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #901 on: 07 April, 2018, 04:03:42 pm »
A roll of Ilford XP2 to run through my Balda matic.

The light meter works but, after checking with my DSLR, it needed the ISO value adjusting to 640 (from 400) to give a more accurate reading.
XP2 is renowned for having a wide latitude so it should be OK anyway but thought I'd try to make it as close as possible.

36 exposures.  My aim is to have 36 worthwhile images. 

Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #902 on: 07 April, 2018, 04:19:19 pm »
Peered in a window in Morningside and looked at the loverly 35mm stuff but didn't buy anything.

Had to make do with the PD leash I bought earlier for a small bag.
It is simpler than it looks.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #903 on: 12 April, 2018, 10:45:21 am »
A couple of rolls of Ilford FP4 8). I have 2x OM1s at home (my original, plus one I acquired) and a few lenses. I thought it would be a good exercise for the lad to shoot some fillum so he has to think really carefully about each shot. That and the fact that I love B&W film.
Pen Pusher

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #904 on: 12 April, 2018, 03:24:36 pm »
Whilst clearing out a room in our house I found a roll of HP5.  It was wound back into the cassette and in it's original plastic "dustbin".  Seems I shot it and forgot  to develop it.

Since I last shot a roll of B&W film about 20 years ago I'm intrigued to see what's on there.

It's currently on its way to Harman Labs in Cheshire (Formerly Ilford).

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #905 on: 12 April, 2018, 04:07:16 pm »
Whilst clearing out a room in our house I found a roll of HP5.  It was wound back into the cassette and in it's original plastic "dustbin".  Seems I shot it and forgot  to develop it.

As it happens, i found one too. I also found an exposed roll of Kodak colour fillum. Must send them both off.
Pen Pusher

« Reply #906 on: 12 April, 2018, 05:29:26 pm »
I've at long last got my sticky fingers on an Ihagee Exa 1a with a waist level viewfinder. I will try to convince the grandchildren that's it's got a pre-digital non-LED screen!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #907 on: 13 April, 2018, 12:13:51 am »

As it happens, i found one too. I also found an exposed roll of Kodak colour fillum. Must send them both off.

I have a roll of B&W film that I suspect was exposed in Jesmond in 1980 when the Windies visited.
It is simpler than it looks.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #908 on: 13 April, 2018, 11:40:06 am »
I've at long last got my sticky fingers on an Ihagee Exa 1a with a waist level viewfinder. I will try to convince the grandchildren that's it's got a pre-digital non-LED screen!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Just tell them it's a 3" 20Mp backlit LCD display.

« Reply #909 on: 14 April, 2018, 12:30:55 pm »
Oh dear. 

I did enjoy the Tamron SP 500mm mirror lens and it did make really nice crisp pictures, but it it really a bit too much faff for the sort of snapping I do.  If I want super telephoto reach, I've got scopes that will do the job, and my magic drainpipe 80-200mm lens with a teleconverter gives me 400mm at f5.6 with autofocus.

So I have sold it on and, as you do, went looking at old Takumar lenses.  I've just taken delivery of a rather lovely 28mm f3.5 SMC Takumar and initial tests show that it should be great as a general purpose tourist lens and ought also to produce good widefield astro shots.  If the clouds go.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #910 on: 14 April, 2018, 03:28:14 pm »
I've just taken delivery of a rather lovely 28mm f3.5 SMC Takumar

What's it attached to?

28mm is a great "street" focal length.   42mm isn't bad either (if it's a Nikon crop)  I'm loving the 40mm on my Canon full-frame.

I wish they did a 35mm "pancake" for the Canon.  I love 35mm focal length but not as much as I love the tiny size of the 40mm.

« Reply #911 on: 14 April, 2018, 05:01:32 pm »
It's on a Canon 600d, so not really using the full capacity of the lens.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #912 on: 15 April, 2018, 06:20:15 pm »
It's on a Canon 600d, so not really using the full capacity of the lens.

That's a 45mm equivalent then.  It's getting a bit close to "standard" for my liking. 
Have you looked at 24mm lenses, that gets you 38mm equivalent (which is just about my favourite).

The 24mm f/2.8 "pancake" is a peach for relatively small money.  I'd be all over it if I had a Canon crop sensor (ideally the tiny EOS 200D)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #913 on: 16 May, 2018, 01:21:39 am »
Does given count?

Nikon FE with a nikor 50mm lens - needs new batteries shutter seems to work ok
Olympus om10 with manual adaptor - Mirror seems not to return hence a few issues, needs investgation
Olympus camedia c20 fixed lens dslr but have the wide angle and telephoto screw on lenses

Something to entertain

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #914 on: 16 May, 2018, 09:47:29 am »
Does given count?

Olympus om10 with manual adaptor - Mirror seems not to return hence a few issues, needs investgation
Olympus camedia c20 fixed lens dslr but have the wide angle and telephoto screw on lenses

Something to entertain

Very interested to see what this is.....

Olympus camedia c20 fixed lens dslr

« Reply #915 on: 02 June, 2018, 06:53:02 am »
Now waiting for a Samsung Gear 360 to drop through the door (open box new @ roughly half price)

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #916 on: 22 June, 2018, 11:03:10 pm »
DJI Osmo Mobile 2

A "SteadyCam" Gimbal for my mobile phone.   Since I intend to use my phone for video Blogs of my upcoming travels*  I want to improve the production values as much as I can.

* Smaller scale travels can ve seen at www.gohumberto.com

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #917 on: 12 July, 2018, 07:39:50 pm »
Does given count?

Something to entertain

Very interested to see what this is.....

Olympus camedia c20 fixed lens dslr

Thought I had replied to this...

The olympus I mentioned was wrong it is a camedia E20 https://simonhawketts.co.uk/2016/11/26/olympus-camedia-e-20p-digital-single-lens-reflex/

Currently looking at running the camera with 2x14500 li-ion batteries.  As 4AA seem to last no time at all, while rechargeable AA seem to last no time at all, something like less than 10 shots.  The camera is suppossed to use CRV-3 batteries but at £10 for two non rechargeable batteries seems alot, when rechargeable batteries and charger are £12 on amazon.

New silver oxide batteries (cheap from maplin) brought the OM10 back to life.  Well the camera's light meter works and sounds like different shutter speeds.  While the Nikon EM exposure meter shows no signs of life.  Cleaned the battery contacts but still nothing.  No idea what to do.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #918 on: 24 July, 2018, 09:36:46 pm »
A used Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM. An ideal "walk about" lens  :thumbsup:  And a £6 compatible lens hood off ebay!  :)

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #919 on: 25 July, 2018, 11:31:37 am »
A used Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM. An ideal "walk about" lens  :thumbsup:  And a £6 compatible lens hood off ebay!  :)
I used to have that on my old Crop -sensor.  It's very nice and sharp.  It very rarely came off the camera.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #920 on: 26 October, 2018, 11:22:26 am »
After this incident I bought a Canon PowerShot S120 off that eBay (the victim of the incident was an S95).

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #921 on: 30 November, 2018, 05:37:08 pm »
A second hand Pentax KS2.  Now reading the book of words. I may be some time.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #922 on: 03 February, 2019, 09:44:02 pm »
I appear to have a had a screen finger click interface incident with HDew and an Oly M5 body. At pretty much half price it would have been rude not to. Thankfully  this monster isn't for sale yet, and I can't see it being cheap - 800mm handheld! (or possibly up to 2000mm) It's f4.5 and gives you 7.5 stops of stabilisation........

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #923 on: 05 February, 2019, 08:22:52 am »
A second hand Nikon TC14 teleconverter. That should help with reach on the big lens in bright light. Decided the TC17 or TC20 would be too challenging in less than brilliant light.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #924 on: 07 February, 2019, 05:49:42 am »
(wrong thread)