Author Topic: What wouldn't you drink?  (Read 7423 times)

What wouldn't you drink?
« on: 31 March, 2010, 05:30:32 pm »
That bitty orange juice. I want a refreshing fruit based drink, not a fucking meal.

Australian lager. Don't get me wrong - I've never actually drunk piss, but I'm guessing you're pretty close with what you call "beer"

Skimmed milk. Milk should be nice and full of fatty goodness. I don't want to drink a glass of water with a tiny bit of milk in it.

Any white wine. An incident at uni means I can't even look at the stuff without feeling sick.

There are probably more, but that will do for now......
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Zoidburg

Re: What wouldn't you drink?
« Reply #1 on: 31 March, 2010, 05:31:51 pm »
American Budweiser.

I swear it's diluted from a syrup and then carbonated.

You can taste the chemicals in it.

:sick:

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2 on: 31 March, 2010, 05:34:55 pm »
Any sort of cola, especially Pepsi. Plus, surprisingly, all of the above except white wine.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #3 on: 31 March, 2010, 05:37:52 pm »
Alcopops. Keg/smoothflow bitter.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #4 on: 31 March, 2010, 05:39:58 pm »
Breast milk squicks me out.  I'd have to be well tequila'd for that.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

John Henry

« Reply #5 on: 31 March, 2010, 05:40:41 pm »
That bitty orange juice. I want a refreshing fruit based drink, not a fucking meal.

Tomato juice, for this reason.

Any white wine. An incident at uni means I can't even look at the stuff without feeling sick.

Vodka, for this reason.

I can't drink milk. At school we had small bottles of free milk at break. Our classroom faced south-east, and had floor-to-ceiling plate-glass windows. The teacher used to put the crate of bottles opposite the window. By morning breaktime on sunny days it was on the turn.  :sick: The one thing I will thank Thatcher for is abolishing free school milk...

Non-real ale or cider. Alcopops, WKD, trendy bottled lagers and anything else drunk by teenagers or wankers.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #6 on: 31 March, 2010, 05:40:53 pm »
Dark spirits (dark rum in particular).  It makes me violent.  :-[

Tomato juice.  That includes bloody Marys, virgin Marys, and that foul V8 veg juice.  

Most cocktails (see above: dark rum).  Also, cocktails containing cream (shortcut to feeling nauseous), or containing salt.  

John Smiths Smoothflow

Full fat milk

Frijj milkshakes

Instant latte

Bacardi Breezers

Those little plastic shots of pure nausea that you're meant to down after your beer.  Usually 'sour apple' flavour or similar.

WKD

I'm sure I can think of more...

« Reply #7 on: 31 March, 2010, 05:43:42 pm »
as per the 'what wouldnt you eat' thread, I'll drink anything. 

I thought I couldnt drink cider but had a couple of lovely pints last summer.

Edit - thought of something!!  Cans of iced japanese green tea that they sell in waitrose.  They look lovely but I nearly puked in the carpark.

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #8 on: 31 March, 2010, 05:44:59 pm »
Australian lager. Don't get me wrong - I've never actually drunk piss, but I'm guessing you're pretty close with what you call "beer"

Are you referring to Fosters, Castlemaine XXXX that is "Brewed under licence in the UK by Fuckwits" or actual real Australian lager, brewed and (preferably served and drunk) in Australia?

One of the finest brews I have ever tasted was cask Castlemaine XXXX from the wood, drawn by gravity, at the Breakfast Creek Hotel in Brisbane.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #9 on: 31 March, 2010, 05:46:35 pm »
Alcohol.  Just doesn't interest me.

Coffee now :'(  I was very tempted after the incident this morning, but I wouldn't.
Getting there...

« Reply #10 on: 31 March, 2010, 05:47:28 pm »
Alcohol, drinking chocolate and horlicks

« Reply #11 on: 31 March, 2010, 05:48:22 pm »

Are you referring to Fosters, Castlemaine XXXX that is "Brewed under licence in the UK by Fuckwits" or actual real Australian lager, brewed and (preferably served and drunk) in Australia?

One of the finest brews I have ever tasted was cask Castlemaine XXXX from the wood, drawn by gravity, at the Breakfast Creek Hotel in Brisbane.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FB, I lived in Australia for some years and sampled pretty much every "beer" they had to offer. Some of the bottled Tassie stuff was ok and some of the SA stuff was good. But the rest was rubbish!

Deborah

« Reply #12 on: 31 March, 2010, 06:23:40 pm »
Whiskey. I can't stand the taste or the after burn (although I quite like Mint Chocolate Baileys.
Red wine. I'm allergic to it.

Zoidburg

« Reply #13 on: 31 March, 2010, 06:24:41 pm »
Alcohol, drinking chocolate and horlicks
I imagine they would mixed together like that.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #14 on: 31 March, 2010, 06:29:12 pm »
Any tea that isn't tea.
And Earl Grey is horrible too.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #15 on: 31 March, 2010, 06:31:51 pm »
Earl Grey tea, yes - what an idiot putting perfume in a perfectly decent drink!  Trying to poison me?
Getting there...

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #16 on: 31 March, 2010, 07:21:09 pm »
Earl Grey tea, yes - what an idiot putting perfume in a perfectly decent drink!  Trying to poison me?

Clarion! Could you please provide us with a concise list of what you do eat and drink? It shouldn't take long!   ::-) ::-)

Bloody fussy kids!
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

« Reply #17 on: 31 March, 2010, 07:49:13 pm »

Vodka, for this reason.

Likewise. There was a vodka related episode when I was at school that put me off the stuff until I stopped drinking alcohol nearly 25 years later. Even the smell of it was too much.

Other than that I am not fussy. I suspect, although I haven't had the opportunity to find out for sure, that I'm with Andy on the breast milk though.

« Reply #18 on: 31 March, 2010, 08:10:18 pm »
I reckon tit milk should be OK? I can't say I've ever been in a luxurious enough position to try it, but it can't be that bad, can it?

With the exception of being a very young child, of course.....

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #19 on: 31 March, 2010, 08:18:05 pm »
Tea (and associated herbal pondwaters).
Coffee (love the smell, disappointing to drink).
Alcohol (never have).
Bitty stuff (ick).

I tend to avoid:
Anything with CO2 (it hurts).
Anything that's going to make me thirstier than I was before I drank it.
Manchester water.
Milk (though I find the UHT kind strangely nice, in a plastic kind of way).

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #20 on: 31 March, 2010, 08:26:47 pm »
I have no objection whatever to a bit of breast milk. Don't get much chance these days though - in fact, not for about 22 years.

I don't drink rum. My biggest ever alcohol-induced disaster was rum-orientated and even though I was only 18 at the time, the smell of the stuff brings it all back to me, if you'll pardon the expression.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Pippa

• Busy being fabulous
« Reply #21 on: 31 March, 2010, 08:31:45 pm »
Southern Comfort  :sick:

I'll have a sip of whisky these days but I daren't go overboard after a previous ripped knicker incident  :-X

« Reply #22 on: 31 March, 2010, 08:39:31 pm »
Orange juice that has had the bits taken out  :sick:

ian

« Reply #23 on: 31 March, 2010, 08:46:01 pm »
Southern Comfort: sweetened spew concentrate.

Thunderbird: aptly renamed Chunderbird. You’d need a case-hardened stomach to keep that down. A couple of mouthfuls and you're a carotty vomit Krakatoa just waiting to erupt.

Buckfast: the liquid you end up with when you poach a dead Glaswegian in tetrahydrofuran.

Funny teas: peppermint and monkey dung, that kind of thing. Why? Tea should be made out of a tea. That’s why it is called tea and not peppermint pisswater.

Cooking lager: that’s what it is for. That and washing. You are not supposed to drink it.

Oddly, despite ballistically vomiting tequila hard and high enough to knock satellites out of orbit in my younger, less refined days, I quite like it again. Pernod too, even though I think it comes out of a agitated Frenchmens' ears.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #24 on: 31 March, 2010, 08:53:59 pm »
I was off Pernod for a while many years ago. Working in Wales and living out of a hotel. My mate's 21st birthday. Guinness with Pernod chasers (no idea why). Far too many. Friend ended up totally redecorating his room.  :sick:
I got up at the usual time and went to work with the mother of all hangovers. Friend was excused.
Didn't put me off Guinness at all though.
There's no vibrations, but wait.