Author Topic: Trying to buy car and home insurance via comparison site(s)  (Read 1050 times)

As usual my insurance renewal premiums are silly more expensive than last year. Using the usual comparison suspects produces results indicating Aviva as the preferred supplier. However the process requires you to log into the Aviva site towards the end of the routine which repeatedly produces the following error message.
SAML/SSO Processing error.
Apologies we have hit an unexpected error from which we cannot recover.
I have tried Firefox and Bing together with several of the comparison companies with the same result.  Are you IT types able to throw some light on this as it is driving me bonkers. Have reported as a complaint to Aviva but no response as yet.
TIA.
Ps I can log onto the Aviva web site independently with no problems, (as against going through the comparison sites). However a quote produced this way is a third more expensive than that proferred earlier.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Re: Trying to buy car and home insurance via comparison site(s)
« Reply #1 on: 22 May, 2023, 11:45:48 am »
Aviva responded by asking me to delete history and cookies and also to try another browser such as Edge. I have done all of this with the same result. Oh and have tried turning off the AV and providing a new password as well.

« Reply #2 on: 22 May, 2023, 12:25:38 pm »
We have one of those quaint old fashioned places of business just around the corner: an insurance brokers.  They have been there for decades and are a family business.  They also live locally.

They seem to be able to access deals not available online.  Anyway, we use them but we do also check online to ensure that we are getting a good deal.

I find it invaluable to chat with them about the meaning of clauses and exclusions in the policies that they sell.

« Reply #3 on: 22 May, 2023, 01:22:46 pm »
Yes it would be nice to speak to a human, but this is the way things are going.

« Reply #4 on: 22 May, 2023, 07:30:49 pm »
Can someone translate this gibberish from Aviva for me and how it relates to their IT not working?
Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately, we am unable to access polices arranged through brokers and comparison websites, even if they are underwritten by Aviva general insurance.
To explained, for the quotes to appear in any My Aviva Profile, they need to be via Aviva directly rather than via a broker or comparison website.
Apologies, I understand this may be frustrating for you. We understand you may get a better price using these brokers or websites but please know if you take these policies out, they are not with Aviva directly and any changes you need to make need to go via the broker/website rather than ourselves.
We can happily explain how to get a quote with us. Due to the amount of information required we are not able to provide a quote over email.  We can offer two options to obtain a quote. You can either complete a quote online via our website by clicking here Motor or  Home or calling our customer service team on 0800 015 4715.
Our opening hours are 8am - 6pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 3pm Sat and 10am - 2pm Sun and bank holidays.
Please listen to the options very carefully when calling.
I hope this helps; sorry I could not assist you further on this occasion Any other queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us
Seems like I will be going elsewhere.

« Reply #5 on: 22 May, 2023, 09:45:12 pm »
Went with M and S for both in the end. M and S provide Home insurance in partnership with ...... Aviva. Is it me?

« Reply #6 on: 22 May, 2023, 10:07:32 pm »
You couldn't make it up.

orraloon

• I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard
« Reply #7 on: 23 May, 2023, 11:35:43 am »
Can someone translate this gibberish from Aviva for me and how it relates to their IT not working?
Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately, we am unable to access polices arranged through brokers and comparison websites, even if they are underwritten by Aviva general insurance.
To explained, for the quotes to appear in any My Aviva Profile, they need to be via Aviva directly rather than via a broker or comparison website.
Apologies, I understand this may be frustrating for you. We understand you may get a better price using these brokers or websites but please know if you take these policies out, they are not with Aviva directly and any changes you need to make need to go via the broker/website rather than ourselves.
We can happily explain how to get a quote with us. Due to the amount of information required we are not able to provide a quote over email.  We can offer two options to obtain a quote. You can either complete a quote online via our website by clicking here Motor or  Home or calling our customer service team on 0800 015 4715.
Our opening hours are 8am - 6pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 3pm Sat and 10am - 2pm Sun and bank holidays.
Please listen to the options very carefully when calling.
I hope this helps; sorry I could not assist you further on this occasion Any other queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us
Seems like I will be going elsewhere.

That's not correct.  Or it was not 1 month back when I switched to Aviva via confused.com for house insurance.  Worked like it normally does, MyAviva ported my details over and set up my new account.  Windows10 / Chrome.  Plus I got a 'reward' £20 Halfords voucher from confused.com