Author Topic: CX 2022  (Read 2241 times)

CX 2022
« on: 05 September, 2022, 07:16:52 am »
Nowhere seemed suitable for this, so I figured it was time for a new thread.

Is anyone racing CX this year?
I rode the first round of the Wessex league yesterday (Clanfield). It was hard and bumpy (and on the side of a hill!). I came 65th out of 79 starters - I need to be fitter to make mid-pack! I thought I saw Matt OTP shout "Go Condor" at me, but I didn't see him again.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: CX 2022
« Reply #1 on: 21 October, 2022, 07:28:24 pm »
Nowhere seemed suitable for this, so I figured it was time for a new thread.

Is anyone racing CX this year?
I rode the first round of the Wessex league yesterday (Clanfield). It was hard and bumpy (and on the side of a hill!). I came 65th out of 79 starters - I need to be fitter to make mid-pack! I thought I saw Matt OTP shout "Go Condor" at me, but I didn't see him again.
Hi Duncan, only just caught up with this thread!

I've done the northerly rounds since then: probably restarting at Popham, then Abingdon.

Hope you're doing well  :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #2 on: 22 October, 2022, 11:17:11 am »
My hip played up after round 1, so I've not done any CX since.  I'm hoping to race at Dalton in December though - see you there. :)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #3 on: 06 December, 2022, 06:49:43 am »
My hip played up after round 1, so I've not done any CX since.  I'm hoping to race at Dalton in December though - see you there. :)
Yes! Just entered Sunday's race.

Sunday gone was the last "Central" race, a Christmas themed affair - my elf jumper got me plenty of "encouragement" out on course, thank f#@k the weather had turned cold enough to wear the thing!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles