Author Topic: replacement bolt needed for Garmin Vista HcX handlebar mount.....  (Read 1250 times)

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
The bloody thing has disappeared! It was taken off by some idiot numpty (me....) and is nowhere to be seen. It's the one that holds the two sides together so it grips the handlebars. Gawd only knows where it is.
So..... which bolt do I buy as a replacement?
Anyone know? Is it M4 25mm as I suspect or another strange type?
Advice?
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: replacement bolt needed for Garmin Vista HcX handlebar mount.....
« Reply #2 on: 20 July, 2014, 09:42:14 am »
Certainly M4-ish.  To check it - what other commonplace object would I have that an M4 bolt would fit?  Mine is 20mm long (but it doesn't matter if it's over-length).

A new Garmin mount Garmin oversize mount from Amazon would be a cheaper and better option than a RAM mount.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #3 on: 20 July, 2014, 09:43:10 am »
The bloody thing has disappeared! It was taken off by some idiot numpty (me....) and is nowhere to be seen. It's the one that holds the two sides together so it grips the handlebars. Gawd only knows where it is.
So..... which bolt do I buy as a replacement?
Anyone know? Is it M4 25mm as I suspect or another strange type?
Advice?

PM me your address, I believe  I have just the thing.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #4 on: 06 August, 2014, 02:09:19 pm »
The wonderful Oscar's Dad has a PM. With apologies for not replying earlier, I was riding my bike in france, ad then catching up with Other Stuff.
FWIW I bought an M4 bolt and it doesn't fit, it goes in a couple of turns then jams.
And I habe tried the Ram mount route, the rubber covering of the gps unit becomes damaged, and it is also much trickier to transfer from one bike to another.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.