Author Topic: Nephew down  (Read 817 times)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Nephew down
« on: 18 October, 2013, 06:30:33 pm »
My brother paid us a rare visit today, so that Dez could sort out a problem on his computer. While he was here he told us of his No. 2 son, who took a tumble near the Viper Pub in Mill Green, near Ingatestone. Brother's d-i-l had take a photograph of her beloved with very little on (it's all right - he's a GP and she's a nurse) showing a good deal of road rash on his right hip and shoulder. His helmet was badly smashed, it seems, but his head seemed unscathed. There appear to have been no broken bones.

His Garmin told him that terminal velocity was 24mph. He was descending and came across a pile of chutney on the bend part-way down the hill. It seems that the bicycle was not unscathed and that his handlebars are broken. My bro seemed to think that the frame was OK but I suggested getting a bike shop to have a damned good look at it. Nephew's bike, from memory, might be made of soot. I'm not certain about that though.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
Re: Nephew down
« Reply #1 on: 18 October, 2013, 07:58:04 pm »
Bugger, sorry to read.

Still, no broken bones at 24mph is pretty good going. Wishing for a speedy road rash repair.

Watch out for the chutney folks, it's bye-bye summer grip levels.
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.