Author Topic: [HAMR] Had a dream last night  (Read 2810 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
[HAMR] Had a dream last night
« on: 09 February, 2015, 09:46:44 pm »
Steve came to stay.

Fed him and sent him to bed and the next thing I knew was it was morning, all the batteries were flat, there was a touch of food poisoning, no GPS had been uploaded, and a piece of the bike was in a bad, bad state. A state that required four people to work on it for quite a few hours including a trip to the local hardware store to get stick-mendy stuff.

Steve was very relaxed about it all...
It is simpler than it looks.

Re: Had a dream last night
« Reply #1 on: 09 February, 2015, 10:02:28 pm »
That's why hosts never sleep on duty :facepalm:

« Reply #2 on: 09 February, 2015, 10:36:14 pm »
Steve came to stay.

Fed him and sent him to bed and the next thing I knew was it was morning, all the batteries were flat, there was a touch of food poisoning, no GPS had been uploaded, and a piece of the bike was in a bad, bad state. A state that required four people to work on it for quite a few hours including a trip to the local hardware store to get stick-mendy stuff.

Steve was very relaxed about it all...

Thats not a dream thats a M**** F*****G nightmare!!"

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #3 on: 10 February, 2015, 11:16:25 am »
Was I in it?

H

« Reply #4 on: 10 February, 2015, 11:31:39 am »
Interpretation: the real thing will go perfectly!

« Reply #5 on: 10 February, 2015, 12:30:09 pm »
Jaded.

You would be a most excellent FMEA Engineer.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #6 on: 10 February, 2015, 07:00:26 pm »
That's very similar to a panic dream I had recently.

On checking yacf, I became aware that Steve was in trouble.  For some reason that no one could understand, he was in Lampeter and in a state of total exhaustion.
I realised that it was down to me for the rescue, told you lot to tell him I was on my way and off I rode. 
I met him surprisingly closer to our place than should have been possible (it's a dream, see?) and successfully shepherded him home, where Mrs. B had cooked everything we had.
So far so good.  Then I realised I had to deal with all the technical stuff.  I'm not brilliant at technical stuff, but in the dream I was much, much worse.  Steve was sleeping and I had to keep waking him up to ask things.  I asked you lot for advice and you'd say things like "Check his chain", to which I'd respond with, " OK, I've checked.  He's definitely got one"
Steve also asked me to plot flat route out of Wales.  Erm.

That's the worst night's sleep I've had in a long time.  I woke up totally exhausted from a 6 hour panic attack.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #7 on: 10 February, 2015, 07:06:27 pm »
I knew there would be fallout from this madness :(
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #8 on: 10 February, 2015, 07:10:35 pm »
Brilliant!!!   :D   :thumbsup:

« Reply #9 on: 10 February, 2015, 07:14:10 pm »
Has Steve arrived yet Jaded?

Let me know when he does. I want to come down and stare at him.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #10 on: 10 February, 2015, 07:51:02 pm »
We are following him on the tracker. I think it will be a while yet if he is going to do 200m

He is near Tetbury just now.

<edit>it is very exciting!!</edit>
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #11 on: 10 February, 2015, 07:54:48 pm »
On checking yacf, I became aware that Steve was in trouble.  For some reason that no one could understand, he was in Lampeter and in a state of total exhaustion.
I realised that it was down to me for the rescue, told you lot to tell him I was on my way and off I rode.

Should have sent him round here - I'm in Lampeter.

Looks like he plans on being in Cardigan for three nights in July, so perhaps that's the time to go and see how he's getting on. I have no idea how he plans on getting there, but I assume he's not planning on braving the Tregaron Mountain Toad.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #12 on: 10 February, 2015, 08:32:42 pm »

You are?  Brilliant!
*passes over bad dream*
Phew!
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #13 on: 10 February, 2015, 10:19:04 pm »

Looks like he plans on being in Cardigan for three nights in July, so perhaps that's the time to go and see how he's getting on. I have no idea how he plans on getting there, but I assume he's not planning on braving the Tregaron Mountain Toad.

Devil's Staircase, innit?

We are following him on the tracker. I think it will be a while yet if he is going to do 200m

I thought that said "following him on the tractor" - presumably for the shit 'n' eggs.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #14 on: 11 February, 2015, 07:10:18 am »
Looks like he plans on being in Cardigan for three nights in July, so perhaps that's the time to go and see how he's getting on. I have no idea how he plans on getting there,
I've been following Steve's methods quite closely; I conclude he'll almost certainly ride there.

HTH
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #15 on: 11 February, 2015, 10:46:50 am »
I've been following Steve's methods quite closely; I conclude he'll almost certainly ride there.

;D