Author Topic: Buy Nowt Friday  (Read 1114 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Buy Nowt Friday
« on: 28 November, 2019, 11:06:30 pm »
If you're in Bradford, you can go down to Forster's Exchange and make cards and stuff without buying things. Sounds like a decent antidote to the psychedelic cancer that suffocates us at this time.
Facey
Graun
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: Buy Nowt Friday
« Reply #1 on: 29 November, 2019, 07:13:39 am »
I plan on not buying anything out of the ordinary
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #2 on: 29 November, 2019, 08:18:06 am »
I have a list of larger purchases I'm on the lookout for over the next X months (a powertap hub, a new tent, a replacement commuter bike - that sized stuff). If I manage to get it for cheap in various sales (e.g. Black Friday, Boxing Day, etc) then all the better, but I don't go out looking for things that aren't already on my list.

Any money I've save gets donated to charity, so it's a roundabout way of making large corporations donate to charity (I benefit by getting some extra gift aid tax relief too).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3 on: 29 November, 2019, 01:19:33 pm »
I was going to say I hadn't bought anything, then I realised I'd had an email to tell me my Sainsbury's Delivery Pass auto-renewed today.
I see that as a utility really.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4 on: 30 November, 2019, 12:47:22 pm »
I was contemplating the purchyof a replacement sat-nav, as Emily seems to have developed Droid Rot.  But then my grate frend Mr Woolrich gave me a Garmin wot someone else gave him but he didn't like :thumbsup:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #5 on: 02 December, 2019, 05:20:00 pm »
I have successfully bought nothing (other than food and drink). I do require a new eyebrow trimmer, however, after the last one inexplicably ceased to work. But I'll somehow hold out until later in the week.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #6 on: 03 December, 2019, 08:26:08 am »
Confession: bought new Satellite PVR and LNB yesterday - didn't realise until afterpub that it was Cyber Monday. Sorry!
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.