Author Topic: Stolen pale blue, LWB, USS 'bent in Glasgow area  (Read 1302 times)

Stolen pale blue, LWB, USS 'bent in Glasgow area
« on: 24 January, 2012, 07:54:18 pm »
Hi folks

Passing on message from the Glasgow fixed gear forum.  LWB, USS pale blue 'bent stolen in Glasgow

http://www.glasgowfixedgear.com/discussion/3016/stolen-recumbent

Some fairly daft thieves - no idea what they intend to do with it...

Cheers

Rob

Re: Stolen pale blue, LWB, USS 'bent in Glasgow area
« Reply #1 on: 24 January, 2012, 08:09:48 pm »
It wasn't until I took my old Astra estate up to the scrap metal merchants last August and came away with £160 in my pocket that I understood why everything that resemmbles metal is dissappearing in our world. There's a lot of cash in scrap metal these days. Interestingly enough, when I was up there several vans passed through geting weighed with all kinds of junk on the back.

Of course you need a lot of LWBs to get a £160, but sadly, some people don't think like that - every little counts, and the personal cost is irrelevant, whether the stuff is taken from outside a persons flat , a church roof or cable from a railroad line. To some people, it's just money lying around the place.

I sincerely hope that is not the case with this recumbent. But sadly bikes are no longer nicked because they are bikes, the are also nicked because they are made of metal.

Is it a Peer Gynt LWB I wonder? Looks like the frame is in decent condition. There aren't many like that. Hope there's some good news for the owner.
Garry Broad

jimbhoy

« Reply #2 on: 24 January, 2012, 08:24:51 pm »
I'll keep a lookout also, maybe worthwhile asking around places like the Bike Station based at the Barra's and the Common Wheel project in Maryhill and Bridgeton, could be that it's been taken by some scrotes for mucking about and dumped somewhere. Hope it turns up.

« Reply #3 on: 26 January, 2012, 07:43:12 am »
My Bacchetta Bellandare LWB has not resurfaced after being stolen 2 years ago. I'm guessing it was stripped of components and dumped, or is now to be found in Eastern Europe somewhere.

« Reply #4 on: 27 January, 2012, 06:34:35 am »
Given the rarity, would it be worth contacting the press?

Unless this was a planned "straight into a van" job someone may have seen something