Author Topic: Ride Reports  (Read 13064 times)

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
Re: Ride Reports
« Reply #50 on: 09 November, 2022, 05:49:08 pm »
Thanks - I enjoyed that, as many of the issues you went through resonated with me as well.

I spent the first two days thinking 'This is crap. I'm never doing this again. Bloody stupid...', but on finishing, it was by far the best ride I've ever done. And while I'm more than likely to be signing up in 2025 again, I can certainly relate to the thought that I don't want to, because it might just spoil the experience I had this year.

But useful tips: I need some aero bars, and I definitely need to get off the bike & take photos a bit more.
I've already taken steps to volunteer in 2025 so that randonesia does not lead to me starting again. I'm glad I did it, but it was very tough and I don't need to do that again.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #51 on: 02 June, 2023, 01:01:58 pm »
Tor Hovland from Trondheim has (just) shared this video. Excellent and quite the best for coverage of the vast majority of the controls with plenty of scenery in between.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TsrPvsFwqQ
Hope he won't mind its sharing.

« Reply #52 on: 07 June, 2023, 01:43:11 pm »
AB, I really enjoyed that reminder (I was at the Secret Control) in spite of some seriously unfortunate music choices - especially finishing with Liam Gallagher!  But the greatest piece of editing was when Tor mentioned his saddle sores and went straight into a cobbled section.  I winced just sat in my chair!

Thanks